Purple Sandpiper

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken on my recent trip to Svalbard, this was a new one for me. I was on a moving Zodiac and I didn't quite get the focus on the eye.

NFX_5185.jpg

NFX_5184.jpg

Wow, lovely!
Perhaps a little cropping? I find the top part of the photo a tad distracting..

:agree: Just needs a bit more cropped off the top

I noticed the birds bill is sharper in 1 than 2, possibly a bit of localised sharpening, but pretty minor really.

Overall a nice capture of a nice looking bird.

Wow, lovely!
Perhaps a little cropping? I find the top part of the photo a tad distracting..

Thanks. I agree, the background is poor but I thought I would share the picture as it is not a bird regularly seen here. Certainly a first for me.

:agree: Just needs a bit more cropped off the top

I noticed the birds bill is sharper in 1 than 2, possibly a bit of localised sharpening, but pretty minor really.

Overall a nice capture of a nice looking bird.

Thanks for your comments Jerry. I took the picture from a zodiac inflatable bobbing up and down and hand holding a 400mm lens so I am afraid the focussing is not perfect.

very nice Ken...mark

Many thanks Mark.

Thanks for your comments Jerry. I took the picture from a zodiac inflatable bobbing up and down and hand holding a 400mm lens so I am afraid the focussing is not perfect.

In that case you did bl**dy well then, sharp enough given the circumstances

Thanks. I agree, the background is poor but I thought I would share the picture as it is not a bird regularly seen here. Certainly a first for me.

Thanks for sharing, I actually love the stones as a background! Just the top bit is a little distracting, in my opinion. I don't think I've seen that bird around either actually...interesting. :)

Back