pushing C41 tetenal kit

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm deving some colour C41 films from pin hole cameras tomorrow for a friend. Usually the kids using the cameras massively under expose, to push C41 using a Tetenal kit what is the best method, do I just go longer on the initial dev stage or would I be better ramping up the temp a bit?

there is no continuity to the films at all, they are little pin hole cameras and exposure is always guessed, so develping is very hit and miss. But if the first 2 come out very faint I'm tempted to try and push the others (I have 12 rolls of 24 to do with a 2 spool tank).

any advice??

Very roughly +1stop push at 37.8 add 30secs, 2 stop 1 minute, although do your own tests first....depending on the film you are using pushing may not be required. I used to shoot fuji 800 years ago at 1600 or 3200, and didn't bother pushing it. It scanned in fine and all the detail was got back in PS.

we are using fuji 200 the stuff that is in multipacks, about 15 rolls for £16 in boots. I am honestly shocked at how well the last lot of negs scanned, they were so thin you could barely see anything on them, added to the fact the cheapo pinhole cameras scratch the hell out of the emulsion side of the film dragging it accorss 2 plastic edges as you wind and unload, we actually got images.

But with this next lot of the first couple of films come out very thin I'll try pushing the subsequent rolls by a minute.

This is school kids with their first pin hole camera, I just need SOME image for them so they can see they have taken something.

Thanks for the advice

Back