Put me off

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
My Sigma 15 - 30 has seen better days and the outer glass is pretty chipped.

Looks like I'm gonna spend 300 quid on a Sigma 10 - 20 EX DC very soon to replace it.
It gets pretty good reviews. Anybody gonna put me off??

No.

i believe this was the question mate

Anybody gonna put me off??

i had this lens and its great value and excellent IQ, i replaced mine with a nikon 14-24mm the only one i would have considered

i believe this was the question mate

i had this lens and its great value and excellent IQ, i replaced mine with a nikon 14-24mm the only one i would have considered

Yeh, I knew what he meant, just like teasing him:LOL:

Ta for the advice. I was in Jessops in Aberdeen today and they have it in stock for about 300 quid, which, from the research I have done, is a bloody good price for it. Probably get it before the weekend.

Cheers(y)(y)(y)

Yeh, I knew what he meant, just like teasing him:LOL:

LOL i fell for that one then

as far as the lens goes i haven't heard anybody say anything bad about it tbh

ive got one, buy it!!

Seriously Brian, I had one and used it a lot, but I got to dislike the distorted images at the super wide end, I only use my 17-55 F2.8 and/or 35mm F2 for landscape stuff now.Just my opinion mate.....(y)

Seriously Brian, I had one and used it a lot, but I got to dislike the distorted images at the super wide end, I only use my 17-55 F2.8 and/or 35mm F2 for landscape stuff now.Just my opinion mate.....(y)

One of the reasons I want to go down to 10mm from the 15mm I have, is having the option of the distortion for closer up work, not so much landscapes.

Cheers for the advice pal(y)(y)

:agree: with what Fracster said. I didn't like it and sold mine after a few months. The plus side is it has a good resale value...

One of the reasons I want to go down to 10mm from the 15mm I have, is having the option of the distortion for closer up work, not so much landscapes.

Cheers for the advice pal(y)(y)

Well buy the Mutha then...........(y)

If they've got it in Jessops, go in and ask if it would be any good for shooting motorsports....I bet they say "yes" :LOL:

:LOL:

I've been looking at the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 as a replacement for mine, it's another £100 though, which is why I'm just looking at the moment ;)

Get it (the Sigma 10-20) - it's a great piece of glass. (y)

ok then, what would be an equal lens that you would suggest instead of the siggy

I've got the Sigma, and it must be a really good copy because can't find any fault in it. And i do have expensive glass in my arsenal.
The Canon 10-22 is supposed to better, haven't tried it, but if it can produce better images than the Sigma, it must be one heck of a lens!

Good thing with an ultra wide angle, is that you can shoot as low as 1/10 sec and still have sharp results.

Check this thread out, but I don't think these photos will actually put you off!

It's one of my two most used lenses (along with my Sigma 120-300 2.8 :) ), and my winning :)1st::clap::woot::banana:) entry on the TP 2009 Calendar was with that lens!

i would get something different, to wide IMO and distorts alot.

sold mine for the Nikon 12-24 then sold that when i got the 17-55

i would rather take two pics at 17mm and stitch them than use 10mm and have the distortion

Back