Puzzlewood

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Well processed, the first has lots of interest throughout

It’s a difficult place to shoot well for sure. It’s literally 3 minutes from my house! Handily I have “puzzlewood mk2“ in the woods behind my house, it’s free and has no other people about as not many know it’s there.
I tend to do quite a bit of -dehaze and clarity in light room to get a more ethereal effect, which works well with the subject. Autumn makes it look a lot nicer too, as it’s less green, which can be a bit overpowering.

Thsee are from behind my house.

https://www.tcrphotography.com/Gallery/i-s5TBDH7/A

Last edited:
Thank you for the replys
It’s a difficult place to shoot well for sure.
Yeh my main issue was in trying to isolate features as some area's were so busy. Nice to have it right on your doorstep though.
I tend to do quite a bit of -dehaze and clarity in light room to get a more ethereal effect, which works well with the subject. Autumn makes it look a lot nicer too, as it’s less green, which can be a bit overpowering.
I will have go back and look at some of the edits and try that, I tried to not to go over the top with the greens. I may come back in the Autumn, as looking at your shots I really like the added colour of the fallen leaves as it tones down the greens.

Rgds Paul

Be a great location for a Portrait shoot :)

Be a great location for a Portrait shoot :)
Good luck with that, unless you have a lot of money! Puzzlewood doesn’t really allow “normal” people to go there for commercial work, or what they consider commercial. They have been home to Star Wars, Harry Potter and loads more films and tv shows, so anything commercial has to pay the going rate.
Another reason I like my “puzzlewood” better! It’s untouched and unknown.

Good luck with that, unless you have a lot of money! Puzzlewood doesn’t really allow “normal” people to go there for commercial work, or what they consider commercial. They have been home to Star Wars, Harry Potter and loads more films and tv shows, so anything commercial has to pay the going rate.
Another reason I like my “puzzlewood” better! It’s untouched and unknown.
I have in the past paid for locations if the shoot warrants it :)

I'm not saying I want to go there with a model- just commenting that the location would be good for that type of shoot , that's it :)

Les :)

Back