QR plates and adapters

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a couple of tripods, a monopod, a custom thingy I built for imaging satellite passes and a piggy back point on my scope. I'm getting fed up with changing back and forwards and having to change things around. What's a good QR adapter and set of plates to use ? Can anyone recommend something please ?

I think it would depend on the make of the heads that you have.
I use a Manfrotto monopod and tripod, and the heads on them both take the same QR plate, so I have one on each of my long lenses so I can swap them around quickly and easily.
Experts required on this one!!

Thanks Susie, the bad news is it's very mix and match, that's why I was thinking about QR adapters. Then fit the appropriate plates to the camera, telescopes etc and I'm away. Oh... it might help for an idea of weights I guess... The heaviest I have at the moment, is my telescope with the 450d at prime... 2.5Kg.

Hi John, I went for the rc4 setup from Manfrotto, it may mean changing your current setup but they do the adapters as well as plates so everything in my armoury is interchangeable now.

HTH

Thanks all. That's the sort of thing Wontolla. I shall look into the RC4 and Arca Swiss systems.

The Manfrotto 323 is an adaptor that screws onto any head and converts it to their RC2 system of QR. A little over £20 each but that includes a QR plate (camera side) and the plates are also available seperately for about a tenner.

Thanks Nod, I shall look at them too. The price seems better for my needs, as I'm going to have to get a fair few. Do you know how good the clip mechanism is ?

Back