Quay Light

Name
Les
Edit My Images
No
Another from last weekends trip to Wells next the sea, this was one of the first shots of the day showing the harbour at sunrise from the quayside

As always thanks for looking Les F

MG_4313-Harb-1.jpg

My goodness you take some some lovely shots.
First you notice them... then you take them so well. (y)

Gorgeous light, and an excellent composition.

I'd clone these (birds I think)

MG_4313-Harb-1.jpg

Lovely light and cracking shot! (y)

Not sure that the arrows add anything to the scene ;)

Clone the birds ? Jeez - he's picky :LOL:

DD

Us canon shooters have high standards you know, but I reckon acceptable for a Nikonian ;) :)

Another superb picture Issey, stunning

Les the birds on the printed version were cloned out, oversight on my part when uploading just shows you should double check your work but thanks for pointing it out Les and your right Canon users do have high standards but my school boy error let em slip.

Dave where you got in mind and when ?

Les the birds on the printed version were cloned out, oversight on my part when uploading just shows you should double check your work but thanks for pointing it out Les and your right Canon users do have high standards but my school boy error let em slip.

Dave where you got in mind and when ?

Ignoring Les' 'high standards' comment for it being worth-less :razz:

I dunno Issey - I had a fab time (twice) shooting in Leeds recently (pics available as proof should you so wish) - but, with notice, I can do and love coasts too

Back at you for an idea ???

DD

Issey. That is a superb shot.(y) Ignore the OTT criticisim. I live by the sea & seabirds happen to be around no matter how you try to take a shot without them in it. On the other hand I have been trying to include a flock of Mallards in sunset shots but they seem to fly the other way. :thinking:
Keep them coming (y) Regards, Misty :)

Ignore the OTT criticisim. I live by the sea & seabirds happen to be around no matter how you try to take a shot without them in it. On the other hand I have been trying to include a flock of Mallards in sunset shots but they seem to fly the other way.
:)

My point about the birds is not OTT criticism, it's a reasonable critique, if the birds had been sharp and identifiable, then it would have been OK, as it is they are just a few fuzzy small blurs on the screen (due to slow shutter speed) and add nothing to the composition.
I think Izzy has acknowledged this, as in his printed version the 'birds' are cloned out. So he was correct not to ignore them.

Better draw a line under this bird thing. Les is correct because of the slow shutter speed the birds ended up as blurs so they do not contribute to the image in fact they detract from it. I made an error of not checking the image before posting and Les was correct to critique this and I didn't take it as OTT criticism, Les was only pointing out an error he saw in the shot which would improve it, I took this as constructive criticism.

Les F

Birds or no birds its a well seen and well executed shot! Very very nice!

Fantastic shot mate.

Wow that's a cracking shot. Beautiful golden light. Nice and sharp in the fore and mid-ground and the curve of the quay really pulls you into the picture.

Back