Question about a EOS Rebel XS

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
I have aquired a basically mint one today, but I am wondering how it counts the frames.

I have found the mauals online, but they are no help.
I know my EOS3 has a IR frame counter, so that knackers up my idea of running IR film through it.
So I am trying to find out if this one is suitable!!

Thanks in advance.(y)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Nicked shamelessly from here

Which EOS camera models are affected by high-speed IR issues?
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The following cameras use mechanical sprocket counters and do not fog IR film. I don’t believe any of these models ever shipped with pressure plates with holes in them, but I don’t know for certain for each model. Let me know if I’m wrong about any of these. (see the note about the 10 QD below, in the “where” section)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]EOS 1, 1 HS, 1 N, 1N RS, 1N DP, 10 (10S, 10QD), 600 (630), 620, 650, 700, 750, 850, RT, 10 QD.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The following cameras use mechanical sprocket counters, but have cutouts in the pressure plate and thus are vulnerable to the secondary problem. (see the note about 600-series models below, in the “what” section)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]EOS 630 QD, 650 QD, 700 QD, 750 QD, 1000 (Rebel), 1000F (Rebel S), EOS 1000 QD, EOS 1000F QD (Rebel S Quartz Date), 1000N (Rebel II), 1000FN (Rebel S II), EOS 1000FN QD, 1000S QD, 1000S QD-P, EF-M.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The following cameras use IR diodes for sprocket hole-counting and so fog IR film. Some also have pressure plate cutouts for good measure. Still others (the newer Rebel-type cameras) have parallel grooves cut into their pressure plates, making matters still worse for HIE photography.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] EOS 100 (Elan, 100 QD, 100 panorama), 5 (A2, A2E, 5 QD), 50 (Elan II), 50E (Elan II E), 55, 500 (Rebel XS, Kiss), Rebel X, 500N (Rebel G, New Kiss), 5000 (888), 3, 30 (Elan 7E, EOS 7), 33 (Elan 7), 300 (Rebel 2000, Kiss III), 3000 (88), 30V (Elan 7EN, EOS 7S), 33V (Elan 7N), 300V (Rebel Ti, Kiss 5).[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The following camera uses an IR diode but it’s shielded in such a way that it isn’t supposed to fog IR film.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]EOS 1 V.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks for that sir.

That is a handy link.

Oh well, decent enough body and lens for the price paid. So at least my EOS600 should do nicely for IR.

Thanks for that sir.

That is a handy link.

Oh well, decent enough body and lens for the price paid. So at least my EOS600 should do nicely for IR.

Glad to help out a fellow EOS-3 owner ;) - I resorted to earlier generation canons and aquired an A-1 :D

I was wanting to use an EOS as all my lens are for EOS kit be it full frane or for crop.
My R72 filter is sized for my 50mm f/1.8.

I love my battle tank of a EOS3, currently it has a roll of velvia 100f in it to finish of. Might get out with it later today.

Mine's got my last roll of Kodachrome in there, and it seems to be taking ages to shoot it, waiting for some blue skys and fluffy cloud action - 12 frames left, need to make every shot count :LOL: So - the A-1's been doing sterling duty filling in.

I have also got to run through my ETRSi a roll of velvia 50, 100 and 100f. Just so I can see how each reacts.
I have a large box of various films I have to work though as yet.

Need to go out with just my film ones soon again.

Back