Question about DPP

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya folks, I got my Canon 400D today but I haven't got the DPP software, I already have Lightroom 2 and CS4 installed. From what I've read (so could be totally wrong here) most folk just use DPP for sharpening RAW files ?

So would I be ok just sharpening them in Lightroom or does DPP do it better or have other functions that Lightroom and CS4 do not have?

I have both DPP and Lightroom, DPP doesn't get a look in, Lightroom everytime for me, especially with the new Camera profiles.

I find Lightroom a little slow on processing loads of photos (just my PC)...so I narrow them down in DPP, then import just the ones I want into Lightroom :)

Would you consider lightroom over photoshop 7 (full version, not Elements)?

For bulk editing, yes anyday! I don't even have photoshop on my computer, I can do everything I want in Lightroom(but then I don't do editing with layers etc...)

I have both DPP and Lightroom, DPP doesn't get a look in, Lightroom everytime for me, especially with the new Camera profiles.

I have both and work the other way, DPP is a far better RAW converter than anything else IMHO.

If you want pure raw conversion then DPP, if you want to play more with an image then lightroom

Back