Question about extension tubes

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
I've seen cheapy extension tubes on eBay, but they apparently have NO electronic connection to the lens, whatsoever. How then, in this situation, is the lens' aperture set?

Thinking I might just search on our database to see if I can get a set of the Jessops ones transferred to our store.

I bought a set of cheapy ones on ebay. With the kit lens, the aperture is I think locked wide open. I also bought an OM adapter to allow me to use the OM mount manual lenses. I've not had much of an oppo to test it out yet, but it certainly gets a lot closer.

Certainly the non electronic ones I used before getting the Siggy 105, only worked wide open which obviously has implications and restrictions on dof etc. The working distance with the kit lens is pretty tight as well. Still get some ok shots though.

You need to use a lens with a Aperture ring you can then use this to set the aperture.

I think the elecronic ones are about £80 but if I were you, I'd save to get a dedicated Macro lens. There is a helluva difference in quality and usability. Good luck.(y)

Back