Questions regarding Nikon D300, Photoshop CS3, and Capture NX.

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
I,ve just tried to open some RAW files from my D300 with photoshop CS3 but they are not recognized,has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you rectify it,also is capture NX better than CS3 for RAW files from Nikon cameras ? many thanks in advance (y)

make sure you have the latest version of the adobe camera raw plugin installed. You will need version 4.3.1 for it to recognise D300 raw files, you can get it from here. Hope this helps...

Yup once you have the 4.3.1. it should all be ok.
I have the same and it is fine.

I find Capture NX to be rather clunky myself.

The good thing about capture nx is that it will import all "in camera settings" such as picture controls. NX will do most of the post processing you require. You can then save as a TIFF and use CS3 to finish off if required.

The good thing about capture nx is that it will import all "in camera settings" such as picture controls. NX will do most of the post processing you require. You can then save as a TIFF and use CS3 to finish off if required.

My thoughts exactly.

You can update your RAW engine in CS3 automatically by going to the HELP menu and selecting updates. Does it all for you. Will probably update Acrobat reader and other adobe products as well

I have CS2 myself but unfortunately its not compatible with my D40X, so I now use Capture NX for most things and as said import a tiff to CS2 if I need to do any layer work.

Back