Beginner Quick Release Plate for Sony.

Name
Derrick
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Manfrotto Tripod and cannot get hold of a quick release plate that is specifically made for Sony a7 & a9 cameras. The Tripod did come with one but I want an extra one so that I do not have to keep taking it off my zoom lens and onto my camera for the smaller lenses I have. Does anyone know where I can get one please. Thankyou.

Which Manfrotto tripod do you have?
(Manfrotto have a few different types of QR plate for different tripods)

Hi and welcome to TP

On the surmise that the QR plate that came with your tripod but currently is on your zoom lens would be fine on the body.......why not just buy a spare Manfrotto one(or two)?

As for custom plates (with shaping to suit specific bodies..... these would IMO be Arca Swiss plates and are likely not compatible with your tripod head clamp?

But brands to look out for
Really Right Stuff
Acratech
Small Rig

If it is the orange QR plate for the Manfrotto Befree travel tripod, then actually you don't want another the same - the spcial plate is an arca-swiss plate designed to fit specifically to the body of hte Sony A7 or A9 cameras - keep that one for your camera, and get one of the many generic arca swiss plates (Box Brownie mentioned a few bands, but just google 'Arca Swiss plate' and you'll find loads) to use on the lens foot (which doesn't have the same edge profile as the camera body).

I have a Manfrotto Tripod and cannot get hold of a quick release plate that is specifically made for Sony a7 & a9 cameras. The Tripod did come with one but I want an extra one so that I do not have to keep taking it off my zoom lens and onto my camera for the smaller lenses I have. Does anyone know where I can get one please. Thankyou.
It's the Befree which has the qr plate for Sony camera a7 and a9.

If it is the orange QR plate for the Manfrotto Befree travel tripod, then actually you don't want another the same - the spcial plate is an arca-swiss plate designed to fit specifically to the body of hte Sony A7 or A9 cameras - keep that one for your camera, and get one of the many generic arca swiss plates (Box Brownie mentioned a few bands, but just google 'Arca Swiss plate' and you'll find loads) to use on the lens foot (which doesn't have the same edge profile as the camera body).
Great, thanks. Why didn't I think of that - so obviousnow you mention it. Thanks alot for that.

Back