Rachis And Barbs Droplet

Nice shot Dave :clap:

Les (y)

Ps - Just how close were you to that Duck :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks Les (y)

:LOL: had it in a head lock :LOL:

It was a feather I found floating at the waters edge I took it out and put it down on stone wall

Last edited:
Hiya Dave,

Wow this is fantastic and well spotted.

Had to laff at your comment about the head lock :LOL:

At first look I thought ... what kind of plant is that ... but then when I read your story I was impressed.

Maybe a title of 'a leaf out of the old duck' would grab more attention as I notice not many have noticed this post which I think is a great pic.

Sometimes I think the title to needs to be attention grabbing ... even if it is bull ... but once the person is here they see the great photo and read the story. Just a suggestion ;)

Well done on the photo .... I like the way you have the diagonal and the droplet emphasising the detail below. Only minor crit is that the whole image looks in focus, but the lower left seems a very tiny bit soft.

Keep up the good work and I can see you are enjoying your macro lately (y)

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks Dawn

:LOL: to the head lock :LOL:

I did try to put a catchy title one that would make folk think whats "Rachis And Barbs", didnt work :LOL:

Ah yes the lower left, Dof running in, its a focal plane slip on my part, I did check before I took the shot, but obviously missed it, its fairly critical with macro so close up easy to mis-judge, none the less Im happy with it,

yes loving macro, (y)

I really like this shot Dave, it looks very abstract to me and compositionally it is top notch too.

As you have said the DOF issue is a slight problem, but not enough to detract from the actual image. Well done for thinking outside the box and creating an abstract image. (y)

On the issue of so little comments, I have no idea. I have experienced exactly the same issues recently and it is a little frustrating. Feel free to PM me about new images posted as I am not frequenting this site as much as I used to, so may well miss some. :D

Thats it Im off down the park to Pluck a duck :eek::eek::eek::LOL:

yes I said PLUCK :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Les

Hi Dave, this shot is amazing. I love the colours in the top left half of the picture.

Saw some macro feather shots in a magazine recently but I prefer this. That water droplet adds another dimension (y)

I really like this shot Dave, it looks very abstract to me and compositionally it is top notch too.

As you have said the DOF issue is a slight problem, but not enough to detract from the actual image. Well done for thinking outside the box and creating an abstract image.

On the issue of so little comments, I have no idea. I have experienced exactly the same issues recently and it is a little frustrating. Feel free to PM me about new images posted as I am not frequenting this site as much as I used to, so may well miss some

Thanks Dave and Cheers for your support, your a rock (y)

Beautiful composition, I too thought it was some type of leaf before reading the explaination
Thanks Carl
Thats it Im off down the park to Pluck a duck :eek::eek::

yes I said PLUCK :LOL:

Les

:naughty: Les :LOL:

Hi Dave, this shot is amazing. I love the colours in the top left half of the picture.

Saw some macro feather shots in a magazine recently but I prefer this. That water droplet adds another dimension (y)

Thanks very much Gary, thats very re-assuring to hear (y)

Very interesting shot Dave, I would never had guessed it was a mallards feathers. That water droplet sure makes it a very effective image - great work.

Back