Racing Lasers

davekiddle

Like to feel muppets
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Lasers starting a race at Stokes Bay this morning. That's the Isle Of Wight in the background.

Taken on a D300 & Nikkor 105mm f2.8 with polariser and ND110 filters at 1.3 sec, f4, ISO200 :)

What do you think? Gimme some feedback - hit me with it!

3712493081_510de2a18a_o.jpg

Errr... in a word, no, I'm afraid. :eek:

Like pirate, I can sort of see the intention, but I'm afraid I don't think it works. This has the appearance of some dude with a P+S trying to take a photo on maximum zoom, in poor light, without having read the settings manual. IMHO too much blur is just meaningless unless there is something that is super sharp, and this just doesn't have that.

Sorry :shrug:

Hope that helps, and please don't take it personally - as a result of this shot, I just had a look through your flickr pages, and there's some awesome shots in there [especially like the mossie on your arm :LOL:], but I'm afraid this just doesn't do it for me.

Thanks for the honest feedback (y)

The intention was to try and get the feeling of movement and the boats bobbing along on the waves. The background is sharp if you look :)

I have to say I like it!! however I feel that there was a little too much space on the right and below the boats and the one in the distance was a little distracting, hope you dont mind but cropped it as below, but all in all I really feel the sense of movement and love the abstract feel. I would gladly have this on a wall in my house!! :clap:

Thanks Steve, I think the crop works very well. That's sort of more like what I was trying to achieve! (y)

P.S. It's yours for a small fee! :D

haha thats ok, I will send my fee for alterations in the post ;):LOL:

and I would love to purchase however I think the missues might disagree as our wedding is fast aproaching, personally I would rather have a nice picture on the wall than expensive shoes but hey im male so what would i know!!

keep up the good work (y)

Back