radio triggers...

Edit My Images
No
have started getting my flash setup sorted and need some radio triggers to fire them.

whats happened to all the cactus v2s on ebay? am i being dunch or have they all dissapeared off there?

dont want skyports yet so was hoping to get some cactus imitations for less then £50 with 3 recievers but cant find them anymore.

any help would be great
thanks

There's quite a few there, if they are the correct ones, this is similar to what I was asking earlier. Try this link

I've got something similar to that, except mine does not have a stand for the receiver. They are ok, nothing special or fantastic but it does the job for £00's less than the other radio triggers around. So if you are just starting, I would recommend them.

Regards, James

I have one of these I purchased from Stable Imaging when I bought the light kit (well didn't buy but was given after working my charm :naughty:) but you would need 3.

Mel :love:

just ordered the cactus v2s from the shop in the link i put up. only £33 incl delivery so cant go wrong, will let you know how i get on with them

just ordered the cactus v2s from the shop in the link i put up. only £33 incl delivery so cant go wrong, will let you know how i get on with them

Though people say the Skyports is the way to go for reliability, I'm very happy with my V2s after I modded the transmitter. You might want to look here for the tutorial.

And look here for test pics.

Though people say the Skyports is the way to go for reliability, I'm very happy with my V2s after I modded the transmitter. You might want to look here for the tutorial.

Hmmm have soldering iron..............just need cable................. That's a neat piece of cable. I know you said you stripped it out of a router cable but since I don't have a spare router cable and I'm rather fond of t'internet, can you please recommend a cable from maplins?

:thinking:

Hmmm have soldering iron..............just need cable................. That's a neat piece of cable. I know you said you stripped it out of a router cable but since I don't have a spare router cable and I'm rather fond of t'internet, can you please recommend a cable from maplins?

:thinking:

Sorry AliB but I dont know the exact gauge of the cable. I still have loads here, If you want, PM me your address and I'll send you some tomorrow. (y)

I modded my Cactus transmitter today following your instructions strobemonkey. Haven't tested the range but the reliability when testing indoors has gone from around 60% or so to 100% after the mod. Thanks for the idea :clap:(y)

Just got mine today so it's a weekend job for me too :)

Thanks for the cable strobemonkey!

Don't you just love TP? :)

ive got my set aswell now, very pleased with them, no misfires so far and they seem to work up to around 15m reliably!

Hmmm....I have ordered a Phottix PT-04 4-Channel Wireless Flash Trigger with Receiver . Anyome any experience of this one? ANy good?

Chris

with interfit 150ex, only need one tranmitter and one reciver is that right ?

are right ,i was thinking one would set off the other,
cheers
off to ebay for a lookie

at the mo i am running from one light to cam via cord, other goes off when flashes,so both go off at the same time,

but want them on trigger and reciever(s)
but which one

Why do you need radio triggers on ALL your lights?

I have used optical triggers for the studio lights for years, and they work perfectly every time with no batteries involved! A radio trigger will fire a long range flash, which I use fo routdoor work, for big stuff, like trucks or big motor cruisers. BUT even then I can still fire the other lights with optical triggers quite happily - if you point the light collecting dome towards the radio operated light they will fire from 100 feet even in daylight. An optical trigger costs about £6 and has nothing to go wrong.......

Why do you need radio triggers on ALL your lights?

I have used optical triggers for the studio lights for years, and they work perfectly every time with no batteries involved! A radio trigger will fire a long range flash, which I use fo routdoor work, for big stuff, like trucks or big motor cruisers. BUT even then I can still fire the other lights with optical triggers quite happily - if you point the light collecting dome towards the radio operated light they will fire from 100 feet even in daylight. An optical trigger costs about £6 and has nothing to go wrong.......

This is true, I've sold all my V2s and now have one set of PWs, a load of cheap slave strobes and a pile of optical triggers (a fiver each, delivered, from HK).

Haven't experimented with the optical triggers at any great range though, any idea up to what distance they will work?

Depends on the make, mine were about £3 each from KJP (before they were Calumet!), those work up to about 100 feet out in the open. Further indoors. BUT, bear in mind if anyone else is shooting, their flash will fire your lights! That is why conference shooters use radio slaves and talk to each other about frequencies first!

Back