RAF Coningsby 18-3-10

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a very grey day at Coningsby yesterday. The lack of light didn't do much for the photos but I've posted several anyway.
Annoying thing is back at work today (Fri) and its been wall to wall sunshine all day - typical :shrug:.
Never mind there's always next time (y).

DSC_3298.gif

DSC_3572.gif

DSC_3475.gif

DSC_3432.gif

Thanks for Looking - Cheers Paul.

Very nice, for me picture No.1 of the Typhoon with the flare from the taxi light combined with the heat haze and the older buildings in the background is my favourite.

Nice shots, liking the 1st and last one esp.

Need to visit in the next month or so as it looks like you get a nice view :clap:

Thanks for the comments fellas. Think i'd take a dull grey Coningsby anyday Tom compared to Newcastle Airport!!!
Its worth a trek down to Fightertown though - its always relatively busy (y).

Cheers Paul.

Last edited:
Visit Coningsby often to see 41(R) Sqn must give myself more time to take the camera. Like Image 1 the best

Thanks for the comments fellas. Think i'd take a dull grey Coningsby anyday Tom compared to Newcastle Airport!!!
Its worth a trek down to Fightertown though - its always relatively busy (y).

Cheers Paul.

oh yeah, definitely!

Do they fly at weekends? only time I could realistically get down

Only time you'll see anything at a weekend is the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight leaving / returning from the airshows during the summer months.
Same goes with the display Typhoon, but anyday in the week you'll get plenty of action down there.
If you can get a day off - it will be worth it (y).

Cheers Paul.

hi Paul,

not sure what it is but there is something strange with the background being almost fuzzy (i know some will be heat haze but seems excessive amount - ive shot from same positions and dont get as much :confused:) and 'lines' or 'ripples' down the bodywork, perhaps it could be my monitor or photo bucket etc but can anyone else see these? other than whatever that problem may be they're good shots, double burner is great - any news on practice yet? is he up?

rich

Hi Rich

Know what you're saying about the fuzzy background, just checked the RAW files of the same photos and the tree branches are visible ok but when the image is reduced in size they just become a blur. Think the Tonka shot was taken at f4.5 so DOF will be limited, and the strobe Tiffy f6.3. I have plenty of photos taken on a brighter / sunnier days there and the trees are actually in focus.
No sign of the Tiffy practice display yet. Only good thing is they're doing plenty of Burner take offs at the minute - don't know why.
Might catch you down there sometime (y).

Cheers Paul.

My inlaws live pretty much at the end of the runway in Coningsby, I'll need to dig out some amateurish photo's lol.
I'll be popping back down soon no doubt any tips for shooting locations? I usually just go to the bottom of the rd after the entrance to the base.
Ta
Joe

Back