RAF Harriers (Cottesmore 11/10/07)...

Edit My Images
Yes
Spent the day at RAF Cottesmore, the morning spent on base and the afternoon outside at runway 22. Here are a couple of photos from outside.....

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

Nice pictures, very crisp and clean. Although I prefered the Tornado GR4's there, when it was TTTE - that's when I worked there, many moons ago :LOL:

Pretty cool all!
Just being nosey and checking the EXIF you seem to have used a few settings and exposure modes. The 40D certainly seems to handle them all very well indeed (y)

I like all of them.

I'm sure it is no secret by now that I am no jet fan but these are some fine images here!

Thanks for showing them(y)

Lookin good Gord! Very good.

Just out of interest, how did you get on the base? Like I mentioned on my e-mails Ill be popping up there in the not too distant future, Ill let you know when.

Great pictures, one of my favorite jets (y)

Thanks all!

Pretty cool all!
Just being nosey and checking the EXIF you seem to have used a few settings and exposure modes. The 40D certainly seems to handle them all very well indeed (y)

The Naval Strike Wing Harrier (marked 35) did 7 practice landings so I saw quite a lot of him so I decided to play around with the settings. The 40D is working out very well so far (around 1000 shutter activations so far so still early days).

Crap day but good shots :)

Nice sharp images Gordon, Like those..(y)

Thanks all!

The Naval Strike Wing Harrier (marked 35) did 7 practice landings so I saw quite a lot of him so I decided to play around with the settings. The 40D is working out very well so far (around 1000 shutter activations so far so still early days).

Cool thanks for that, (y)I really am running out of reasons why not to buy one :( :D

Cool thanks for that, (y)I really am running out of reasons why not to buy one :( :D

What? A 40D or a one man, one fan, carbon fibre death provider?:LOL:

What? A 40D or a one man, one fan, carbon fibre death provider?:LOL:

:LOL: :thinking: I am not sure now, can you get a harrier < £1000? :D

I worked on the Gr3 and T4 way back in the 80's. Managed to get a couple of flights in as well, including a hands on low level run and a hover landing (that was really weird after careering over the landscape at 430 knots).

Nice pics and brings back a few memories. (y)

I worked on the Gr3 and T4 way back in the 80's. Managed to get a couple of flights in as well, including a hands on low level run and a hover landing (that was really weird after careering over the landscape at 430 knots).

Nice pics and brings back a few memories. (y)

Thanks!

I do a bit of low level photography (LFA7) but it's been over a year since I've had a Harrier now. :(

Were you 1 Sqn based at Wittering?

Excellent pictures, saw the same bird thro Dunmail a couple of weeks ago.

HarrierGR9Medium.jpg

Steve...

Back