RAF low level in Wales.....

Edit My Images
Yes
The unusually good forecast this week saw me head over to Wales for a spot of low level action.

I've very glad I did as my Harrier jinx is finally broken. 505 days I've waited between low level Harrier photos! :woot:

IMG_2677.jpg

The Hawks were out in force and were doing a nice line in knife edge passes....

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

A C-130J C5 Herc.....

IMG_9239.jpg

And finally the pass of the day goes to....

IMG_2701.jpg

:notworthy:

Some cracking shots in this set ... (y) ... although I can't see the Hercules providing much in the way of 'action' shots ... :D

The last is the best for me as compositionally it has much more impact in the room you have given the main subject to move into ... :thinking: ... and the other bits also add good interest and scale to the image ... :shrug:

Long way to go from Nottingham for a few plane shots ... :cautious:

:p

Nice going Gordon pleased you got your Harrier :clap: they are ten a penny up Tebay way...(y)

Some good shots there mate wow that last Hawk is down low which shelf at the Bwlch were you shooting from ?

Good job you were there Wednesday it was fogged out yesterday.

Cheers Gordon hope to see you sometime.

Bill

cracking set of pictures

I know you choose the place to take the pics
but do the planes ever "pose" for you
i.e. do they know you're there and display for you?

Cheers guys!

Some cracking shots in this set ... (y) ... although I can't see the Hercules providing much in the way of 'action' shots ... :D

The Hercs aren't as dynamic as the rest but it is still great to watch them thread a large aircraft through the valleys.

7 hours of driving in one day! :wacky:

Nice going Gordon pleased you got your Harrier :clap: they are ten a penny up Tebay way...(y)

Some good shots there mate wow that last Hawk is down low which shelf at the Bwlch were you shooting from ?

I had a GR9A as well but it was after a couple of hours of waiting and in that time my camera had accidently got set to Manual mode 1/60s f/8. I ended up with an almost completely white photo. :shake:

Those are all from the top shelf.

cracking set of pictures

I know you choose the place to take the pics
but do the planes ever "pose" for you
i.e. do they know you're there and display for you?

You get pilots waving a lot and sometimes they will pull up out of low level middle way through the valley with some fancy flying. Once in a blue moon you get something a bit more special but people use good judgement and they don't get posted. There are rules and restrictions on low flying.

The only time i've had a pilot show off (excluding waving) was this GR4 that made multiple passes. On his last one he swung his wings back for us....

IMG_7970.jpg

(y) cheers! (y)

harrier and last one hawk (are superb) - but having dipped my "toe" into this world of photo this week, have to say all are good as I know what it takes !

All very good and add to the "want" to get out there again

super pictures (y)

Cracking set of shots. The last of the 1st bunch is tops.

Great shots. You might have bumped into one of our customers up there this week with a hired 400L. I'm looking forward to seeing what he captured.

I seem to remember from many years back having the **** scared out of me by a low-level A10 near Hathersage.

If anyone knows about regular low-level antics that might be an option for you.

Well at last you nailed the Harrier Gord!.....nice Image too.......like the last hawk shot with the Road in View....must have been an instructor flying that.......but you left the best till last....the Tornado with the wings swept!......cool shot.......the RAF and all the Low Level shooters took advantage of a good long range forecast and I have seen some cracking Images posted this week.......these included........Cheers Bazza

Cheers Bazza. I was very glad to get the Harrier, had both arms in the air after his pass. :D

It was a good week to be there, with very good weather on Mon to Wed. Wed was a little slower as a nearby excercise had robbed some of the traffic from us.

Looking forward to my next trip and hopefully more Harriers.

Hi Gord.

Very nice pictures from what must have been a great day, well done.

Steve...

Back