RAF Museum - Hendon

Name
Karthik
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello All,

Some of the 200+ photos that i took at the RAF museum.

Could have done a lot better if I had an external flash and a tripod with me at that time :(

Blockbuster

4440629175_98d5e70a11.jpg

Good ol Radial

4438373223_8a03594de8.jpg

Pic 3

4425046481_9a524cdf97.jpg

Vampire F3 - VT812

4425031889_42024be023.jpg

Wallace 11K6035

4425033041_6570e72348.jpg

Half A Radial

4438373221_9b0aa18757.jpg

CC's welcome.

Regards,

Karthik

Last edited:
I like them, a little dark maybe (maybe my monitor) looks like you tried to lighten the last one?

I particularly like the Vampire (y)

I love this place.

Next time you go take your tripod and stop at the information desk and ask for a tripod permit.

Then it's happy clicking. (y)

David

I like them, a little dark maybe (maybe my monitor) looks like you tried to lighten the last one?

I particularly like the Vampire (y)

Thanks Tommo.. I did want to give it a dark look... and also aided by my no ext flash scenario.

On the last one i lightened it a bit and increased the sharpness .. ( vintage look to the image )

Lots more to be processed. Bit of an experiment with processing actually :)

Karthik

I love this place.

Next time you go take your tripod and stop at the information desk and ask for a tripod permit.

Then it's happy clicking. (y)

David

Cheers David... I went unprepared there actually .. was there for a Seminar... finished early.. had my cam .. thought i'd make use of the time to get some snaps. :) .. but yeah I'll take my kit the next time I go.

Here are a few more -
De Havilland DH9A Day Bomber - 1918-1931

4438373205_137fef42b0.jpg

Wallace 11K6035

4425798554_c0db683eb6.jpg

I like these and I think the dark look works well here. I've not been there for...... OMG!! it must be 20 years or so.

Anyway, whilst it's a great place the lighting is far more suited to seeing clearly than shooting with atmosphere. You've managed to inject some feel and life into these and I really like. (y)

And just for reference, it's Hendon. :)

I like these and I think the dark look works well here. I've not been there for...... OMG!! it must be 20 years or so.

Anyway, whilst it's a great place the lighting is far more suited to seeing clearly than shooting with atmosphere. You've managed to inject some feel and life into these and I really like. (y)

And just for reference, it's Hendon. :)

Cheers Matey :)

( corrected the title :))

i really like them i think the pp works well

Excellent set - having been to another war/air museum recently and not having taken my tripod, I know how difficult it is to get good shots in the low light conditions, but you seem to have done a really good job. Wasn't keen on the PP or the lighting (bit too dark) at first and then read your comments and I think I like them all now!

Cheers Guys .. its not more of the Tripod .. I do not have an ext flash with diff so .. restricted to work with the light present in the museum. I just got my filters now so .. may be I'll get back once I have the Flash and an assistant :)

I want to create this Vintage - Royal - Arty look to the images ( for the ones I take later ) give some Life to them :D

I impressed was really impressed by these Karthik.They look as if they're stills from a film with a deep atmosphere to them-Hard to explain- but having been to Hendon a number of times- I feel you have managed to capture something special. Rob

Back