Rage

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
I took this A while back at Rhossili Gower.The sea was all a rage with the waves in the background being at least 20ft'ers(cant really get that from a WA).
The foreground rocks is where I was standing and quickly ended up be surrounded by raging water:eek:.

Things you do for a shot:wacky:

Lovely dynamic in the foreground but I wonder, does the B+W conversion do justice to the scene over the colour version?

I am not generally a lover of blurred waves but this really works.

I like it. Great shot. What equipment?

Thanks D700 & 17-35mm

Lovely dynamic in the foreground but I wonder, does the B+W conversion do justice to the scene over the colour version?

yup the colour is naff
...thanks

Great energy and lead in from the foreground. Like the B&W.

cheers(y)

Very nice Alex, it certainly does look an angry sea!

Hi mate good to see you here...the peeps will be in for a treat when you start posting;)

Thanks Gaz(y)

Sometimes we really need to be able swear on this site :(

**** me that's an awesome shot!
Love it!

lol...thanks mate

I am not generally a lover of blurred waves but this really works.

thanks(y)

Really nice shot, a shame it didn't look good in colour but still looks great.

Hi Vulkan,

Really nice pic with atmosphere aplenty. The only change I would suggest is to lighten just a tad the top right. The fact that the cliff/hill is fading into the sky is a problem.

Other than that, superb.

Oh and I agree, the things we do for a shot eh!

Best regards

Chris

With Donna on this one... does the B&W do it justice? It looks brilliant! Any chance of a sneaky peek at the original?

I love this. There's a perfect balance between the dark rocks and the long exposure white of the waves for the B&W to work well. The sky and the sea mist just adds to a great shot.

Wow Alex like this a lot - stacks of drama here.

I like the calmness of the sky while the sea just looks as if it's leaking into every crevice.
Nice shot.

Plenty of drama, great composition. Liking it Alex...

Really nice shot, a shame it didn't look good in colour but still looks great.

Thanks mate

this is a wonderful shot (y)

(y)

That's a lovely shot, one of the best I've seen.

Really? wow thanks

I like that very much. Brilliant shot, well done :clap:

cheers

Hi Vulkan,

Really nice pic with atmosphere aplenty. The only change I would suggest is to lighten just a tad the top right. The fact that the cliff/hill is fading into the sky is a problem.

Other than that, superb.

Oh and I agree, the things we do for a shot eh!

Best regards

Chris

Thanks chris.....I see what your saying,Its had a vingette add as I want to focus on the raging water and not have the headland draw attention..plus I kinda like the "Shrouded in mystery" feel to it.
(y)
A stunning shot. I bet that water was cold.

Yup freeeeeeeezing!:D

With Donna on this one... does the B&W do it justice? It looks brilliant! Any chance of a sneaky peek at the original?

Your just going to have to take my word for it...it doesnt exsist anymore:cool:

That's a cracker of a shot! Excellent work dude

(y)

I love this. There's a perfect balance between the dark rocks and the long exposure white of the waves for the B&W to work well. The sky and the sea mist just adds to a great shot.

Thanks mate

Wow Alex like this a lot - stacks of drama here.

It was quite dramtic being there actually...glad it comes across(y)

I like the calmness of the sky while the sea just looks as if it's leaking into every crevice.
Nice shot.
thanks for the comment

Plenty of drama, great composition. Liking it Alex...

thanks mate

that's stunning! really love it, it draws you in and is so interesting and captivating to look at :)

Really nice. Lots of energy captured in the water. The force of the water against the rocks. Great sky too. Lots of atmosphere. The more I look at it the more it grows on me. The only thing I can spot that annoys me slightly is just to the left of the middle below the crest of the incoming wave is a small section of rock peeking out of the surface of the water. Looks like a log or something. Thin slice of rock or something. Other than that, spot on :)

Great shot vulkan like it (y)

cheers mate

Really nice. Lots of energy captured in the water. The force of the water against the rocks. Great sky too. Lots of atmosphere. The more I look at it the more it grows on me. The only thing I can spot that annoys me slightly is just to the left of the middle below the crest of the incoming wave is a small section of rock peeking out of the surface of the water. Looks like a log or something. Thin slice of rock or something. Other than that, spot on :)

Wow Your a hard man to please:D..im struggling to find the afore-mentioned distraction but ill take your word for it thanks(y)

Like it nice shot.

Thank you

Wow, amazing but i want to see a colour version!

Thanks.....A colour version doesnt exsist.its Long gone;)

Great shot, love the rocks in the foreground (y)

Cheers mate

as said...great shot of a wonderful place.nice to see something other than the worms head (y)

Thanks for the comment mate

Back