Railway station

I'll process a B&W copy and upload it.

It was very well themed, like travelling back in time. :)

This looks good. Desaturating the colour doesn't usually work in my opinion but it does here.

(and it's nice to see someone using the correct term Railway Station instead of the more common and wrong Train Station which is prevalent today).

Steve.

Great framing!

Thank you. :)

I usually struggle with composition on subjects like these, but I was really pleased with it.

This looks good. Desaturating the colour doesn't usually work in my opinion but it does here.

(and it's nice to see someone using the correct term Railway Station instead of the more common and wrong Train Station which is prevalent today).

Steve.

Thanks Steve

I'm very pleased with how this turned out, though I am now processing a B&W version. :D

Thank you all :)

I like it a lot. It is indeed like stepping back in time.

It felt like that as I stepped through the building. It was literally like leaving 2013 and arrive some time... earlier. :D

It's not the easiest of stations to photograph is it. Spent many times there. The b+w looks good, but for me I prefer the first version, very fitting. The signal box works well.

I agree, not the easiest of subjects at all.

Perhaps I might see you there, myself and a few guys from our little club will be going often. :)

A really nice whot and i much prefer the desaturated colour one to the Black & White,it has a really nice period feel

Thanks Nigel - I'm quite torn between the two, but I think the desaturated one just wins me over.

Thank you all for the comments. The feedback is very much appreciated. (y)

I agree, it's a great location.

Back