Rainbow Fan

Edit My Images
Yes
Back in March, my eldest daughter treated me to a day learning the copper foil technique of stained glass. Since then I have been hooked with the craft, it is such a therapeutic and beautiful craft to be involved with....Barry watched me, and encouraged me and now he makes these beautiful objects too, mostly they are a joint effort.

rainbow_fansmall.jpg

This box was very fiddly to complete but the end results are so pleasing. We are taking part in a craft fair on the 17th, and will also be (hopefully) selling some cards which I have made using our photos and the odd tiny diamante or two! I shall be making websites to show off these new wares of ours and felt compelled to show you the very first image that will appear in the barrianne-glass website! (y)

That looks excellent (y) , must take hours to do (but I've no idea how its done :shrug: )

Nice :)

Do you have a link to somewhere explaining a bit more about it? The metalworker in me is interested :) . I take it the copper is used for construction and the glass is bought? How do you cut the curves? grind them?

So many questions :)

excellent stuff Marianne, very impressed with the time/patience you have put into that!

An old colleague of mine used to do this and I marvelled at his patience. He was one of those guys good at anything like that. I seem to recall you can get all sorts of coloured plastics as an alternatve to the stained glass, but I might be wrong.

As ever Marianne - your creative skills show through! Where is the craft show?

Is it local.

My daughter would love that. Thats great. Well photo'd too :D

Lovely stuff Marianne.

My friend makes stained glass products. I love the lamps she makes especially, with the light shining through.

Well done and good luck in your new venture.

RobertP said:
Nice :)

Do you have a link to somewhere explaining a bit more about it? The metalworker in me is interested :) . I take it the copper is used for construction and the glass is bought? How do you cut the curves? grind them?

So many questions :)

You gain in confidence with the cutting the more you do, we do use a grinder to get the curves precisely right although it is best to try and cut them correctly in the first place, here's a good link to give a bit of an explanation (y)

Copper foil tape is pressed to the edges of the glass, it is then 'tinned' with solder before the pieces are joined with more solder....

cool!

Stunning work Marianne. (y)
Id like to see some of the work where you have used rhinestones too.
Btw, I dont know if this is of any use to you but as a nailart tutor I get through a lot of SS5 rhinestones.
I use this lady for mine now, hers arent Swarovski but are genuine Czech/Austrian crystal and are very reasonably priced.

ooh Inaglo.....which lady?

Funnily enough I got my crystals from a nail art place although they are SS10s, would love to get my hands on some SS5's! I will see if I can photograph some of the cards to show you :)

Fascinating stuff Marianne, good luck with the venture! (y)

Is this why you wear the gloves? :LOL:

Back