raindrop

Name
Adam (if you couldn't guess...)
Edit My Images
No
I am sure this has been done a thousand times but I wanted to mess around with the macro filters and my sigma 17-70!

raindrop.JPG

like it good shot but maybe it could be a little sharper?
I love marco shots :)

Personally I think it would look better is there was a contrasting background. There is just a bit too much green for me.

I quite like the composition however it really is a shame that its quite out of focus, was this manual or auto focus? perhaps an issue there....or perhaps the macro tubes were not the best quality?

Yes it was my first attempt using the screw in macro filters, to be honest I should have gone for a 4x rather than a 10x but I am hoping to recompose the shot this weekend.

The hardest thing is actually getting as clean reflection on the raindrop, I had a couple prior to this that the house etc in the reflection and they looked horrendous.

I shall work on the focus a little more this time!

I have never tried this type of shot myself but perhaps a polarising filter would be worth a try to control reflections? The only thing that could do though is cut down even more light as the macro tubes will cut out a stop or two aswell.

Not using tubes!
I actually want the reflection, i'll recompose it and see if I can get the shot I was after!!

Last edited:
Back