Rally Pictures - Edited

Name
Ross Angus Williams
Edit My Images
Yes
Last night i was bored so started fiddling about with two pictures i took at the weekend at the jim clark rally. Below is the original image and edited one of each of the pictures.

Comments please.

Original
DSC_0645-1.jpg

Edit
murphyimprezaSmall.jpg

Original
DSC_0782-2.jpg

Edit
pinkmk2Small.jpg

I'm sorry but the edits are awfull. Imo a bit of sharpening, cropping and levels would of been enough.

King.

Got to say Ross I'm not too keen on that first one either, I think less is more comes to mind.

The second isn't bad, you've brightened the scene nicely, it looks sharper although I'm not sure the owner would care to much for the respray colour ;) In editting terms though you've done a pretty good job of the colour change. The grass in the background is maybe a bit yellow but the laptop I'm using just now isn't calibrated so I could be getting the wrong impression entirely.

I noticed as well in your last lot you're uploading pretty small file sizes. You've plenty scope to show them larger which would help show your work off better. :) What software are you using?

Got to say Ross I'm not too keen on that first one either, I think less is more comes to mind.

The second isn't bad, you've brightened the scene nicely, it looks sharper although I'm not sure the owner would care to much for the respray colour ;) In editting terms though you've done a pretty good job of the colour change. The grass in the background is maybe a bit yellow but the laptop I'm using just now isn't calibrated so I could be getting the wrong impression entirely.

I noticed as well in your last lot you're uploading pretty small file sizes. You've plenty scope to show them larger which would help show your work off better. :) What software are you using?

Thank you for your input:D The first picture was done in nero photo snap and the second one is done in photoshop.

Both these pictures was just me playing about and i quite like the results but i see where you are coming from.

What file size do you recommend i use dod?

This bit below is taken from the rules. Personally I usually save at 750 or 800 pix and round about 130k, there's a sticky going about somewhere on saving for the web. In terms of file size that's about 3 times what you're uploading these at and the difference should be fairly obvious (less compression etc). Now I've said that watch the logic fall flat on it's face :LOL:

The other good thing you've got with experimenting of course is you never know when you're going to find something that really does work. (y)

To respect people that still access the internet via dial up or that are running small screen resolutions, images posted should be no larger than 800 pixels on their longest side, and if hosted by us in our free gallery, be 160kb. Off-site hosted images can be of any reasonable size, we reserve the right to break links to images we feel are oversized.

Off site links are only acceptable if accompanied with a picture meeting the above criteria (i.e. no blind off site links)

Thank you for that. I wasn't sure as to what size to make the pictures so to be on the safe side i resized them to 640 x 480. Atleast on here you can show off your work to the best of it's potential unlike another forum i use which limits pictures to 500 pixels wide:razz: .

I will edit my post with bigger pictures for you to enjoy (hopefully).

way better, especially the second (y)

The 2nd b&w shot is quite nice although his name is Colm not Colin ;)

second set are much better!

Back