Rallye Sunseeker

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a heads up in case you aren't aware, I know there are a few Dorset based people who may be interested.

The Rallye Sunseeker is this weekend so for those of you interested there should be some good opportunities to get some rallying photos in Ringwood and Wareham forests. Think I might sneak down to Wareham Forest tomorrow with my camera.

Regards,

Mark F

I cant go along untill 2.30 ish... am hoping to still se some action though.
I think there is a place near 3 legged cross where its free to spectate but not sure if I will find it.

like i say, i've never been to a rally before.
from what i can tell, you just pay for the car park and no entrance fee?
does this mean if i go down on the train and take my bike i can get in for free?

Wish I was going:( but it is just too far away from me:razz:.

This event plays host to the 21st anniversary of the Metro 6R4 and the biggest gathering of this iconic car so really wanted to go.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

c'mon Ross.. get in your car now, you should be there in time :)

c'mon Ross.. get in your car now, you should be there in time :)

:LOL::LOL: I wish, not past my test yet:( so puplic transport for me and it is crap so would take me like a week to get that far south:LOL:

Once I pass my test there will be no stopping me, plan to get down south of the border to a few rallies.

Am thinking of coming down and heading home about 5.00pm..

how accessible is it? Being a northerner and all??!?!?

I'll be there tomorrow(y) I'll be going to Somerley Park...two stages and demonstration runs from the 6r4's:woot: Come and say high if you spot me.......tallest bloke you'll probably ever meet, yellow coat and a 30D hanging from his hand;)

I went to see the Bournemouth to Boscombe night-stage on Friday evening, I couldn't get down to the promenade so had to make do with shooting at the end of the stage. It's the first time I've tried shooting anything that moves when it's dark! I'm busy Saturday daytime so I won't get to see the day stages, unfortunately.

Just a few pics from me below (all clickable for larger versions). Haven't had time wade thru all the photos I took (500ish), let alone to do any PP on the RAW files, so these are JPGs straight from the camera:

Am thinking of coming down and heading home about 5.00pm..

how accessible is it? Being a northerner and all??!?!?

Unfortunately I haven't been before.

I am following my mate into Wareham Forest as he watches it every year and knows a good spot.

I'll be there tomorrow(y) I'll be going to Somerley Park...two stages and demonstration runs from the 6r4's:woot: Come and say high if you spot me.......tallest bloke you'll probably ever meet, yellow coat and a 30D hanging from his hand;)

are you me?
i'll be wearing a yellow coat with a 30D and i'm 6'4" (although you sound taller)

Cool.

Decided not to head down, having just woken up.

Post some images all, I can book this for next year then!

Pete.

Decided not to head down, having just woken up.

I think you made the right decision. It was nice to have this sort of thing on my doorstep but I think I wouldn't have been so chuffed if I had travelled any distance to see it...

Especially if you had some decent footie or rugby this PM!

are you me?
i'll be wearing a yellow coat with a 30D and i'm 6'4" (although you sound taller)

:LOL: No your a shorty at 6'4";) You need to be at least 6'7" to get the best veiw.

This event plays host to the 21st anniversary of the Metro 6R4 and the biggest gathering of this iconic car so really wanted to go.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Sorry not a great shot but here's one for you!

IMG_0842.jpg

i'm thinking that as quite a few of us are going to be posting photos lets create separate threads titled with our initials. e.g. 'rallye sunseeker GP'

nothing wrong with that shot freester. looks good!

Eric Mc: Consider yourself banned from the forum. I'm the tallest here and there isnt room for us both :) :)

Anyone wanting to know more about the Metro 6R4 or would like to keep up to date with what is happening with these awesome cars can visit http://www.metro6r4onlinenews.co.uk/ after all these cars are something special and this years Sunseeker rally mark a milestone for these machines.

I hope everyone enjoyed their day out, by the video footage I have seen it look like a nice dry day and good condition for photographs.

actually i just looked at them and maybe you shouldnt post them after all.
whilst i can see what you are trying to do, it all becomes a bit samey after a while.. kinda like a CCTV camera. (no offence)

Back