Raptor Fayre

Edit My Images
Yes
Just a few shots I took at the Raptor Fayre that was held near Telford in May. Could anyone please identify number 3 for me. C+C very much welcomed. I only took head shots as all the birds were teathered down.

Martial Eagle
IMG_4517.jpg

Golden Eagle
IMG_4511.jpg

IMG_4478.jpg

Barn Owl
IMG_4460.jpg

Can't help with IDs but had to say that expression in #1 - terrific :)

Nice shots, but I find the background of the 2nd one (Golden Eagle) a bit distracting.
However, I really like Barn Owl, super use of DOF and nice natural colours :clap:

3 is a long eared owl, I think...

Nice set of shots.

Long eared owls are more brown, aren't they? My guess would be a scops owl of one kind or another.

Having checked my own pics, I'm now convinced it is a Scopes Owl

Other thought just to add is that both it and the barn owl could have looked a bit better if they were more on the level of the bird, rather than looking down.

Thanks for the comments. I've been looking on some raptor sites, it looks to me that it is a white faced scops owl. Rick, the background in the golden eagle shot was the plastic orange netting that is hung on steel rods, this went all around their enclosure.

I agree with you about getting down to the level of the birds , but the problem with these types of shows is that the smaller birds are on the floor inside a tent that has a 2 to 3 foot canvas wall going all the way round..

Thanks everyone for your comments. InaGlo, when I saw it looking at me as I was taking the shot, I not only wanted to get my coat , I was also looking out for a taxi.;)

Back