RAW File Browser

Edit My Images
Yes
I currently use the normal Vista photo gallery with the Canon CR2 codec. This is perfect, but when opening a RAW file the 'Loading...' bar appears for a good 15 seconds before it is fully loaded. This means I can't delete the picture whilst the loading bar is there.

Even though I can see the image is blurred and awful, it's not possible to delete it unless I flick back to the folder view, delete it and then open the next one. This takes ages if you've taken 1,200 images!

How do you flick through your RAW files?

I just want to be able to flick through them very quickly, deleting those that I don't want to keep. With JPG files I can go through 2,000 images in a few minutes by just hitting the right arrow key and the delete button wherever needed.

Any suggestions?

I use Zoom Browser that came free from Canon with my Cams.

Is it quick? Can you view each RAW at full screen and quickly go through them and delete them by pushing the right arrow and the delete button?

Is it quick? Can you view each RAW at full screen and quickly go through them and delete them by pushing the right arrow and the delete button?

Had no probs with speed (had the same issue with Vista Photo Gallery) tend to use the large preview, works well can see if the shot is a keeper, if not just hit delete and its gone.

IrfanView is freeware and has a thumbnail viewer or you can open an image from Windows File Explorer and hit space or Page Down to go through the rest. You can set the program options to display the embedded JPEG, which opens much faster than the actual RAW.

BreezeBrowser works in a similar way, but is paid for.

I've been having the same problem , i downloaded "picasa" which is better than windows viewer , but the colours are "flatter" anyone else experience this ?

Back