Raw

Edit My Images
Yes
I've recently started to 'experiment' with a new camera I've been given: a Finepix S6500fd. Being a complete novice I've been 'experienting' to get the feel of the camera. I've taken some shote in Raw Mode and can't open the files once they're downloaded onto my PC - any advice ?

you need to install the software that came with the camera ( Raw File Converter LE) onto your PC and then convert the raw images inton your PC . Its normally done by the camera unless you set to Raw image. Have you got photohop,? paint shop pro ?, Corel paint ,?There is probably plenty of free software you can download to convert the files . Someone will no doubt tell us how its done shortly.

Welcome by the way. I just joined this week and got a finepix S5000 yesterday Not as good as yours but the same stable

heres a link to a downloadable manual in case you haven't got one.http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_s6500fd/images/fx_s6500fd.pdf

why would one use Raw option? i've got others like jpeg, would this not be better for ease of pc transfer etc.?

Grab a copy of s7raw, it seems to be quite nice.

why would one use Raw option? i've got others like jpeg, would this not be better for ease of pc transfer etc.?

Not really, you transfer them the same way.

The difference is in how much you can edit raws and jpegs without getting any visible artefacts in the edited photo. You also get pretty much complete control over the post processing, avoiding the engine of the camera if it doesn't produce likeable jpegs.
Plus, you get to pronounce the r sound ;)

Back