Raynox 250 + Sigma 105 and Ring flash

smr

Name
Joel
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I can't work out how to use my ring flash with the Raynox 250 attached to my Sigma 105.. the Sigma 105 is a 62mm filter thread size and the Raynox 250 is 49mm but although I have a load of step up/down filter rings I don't have a 62mm - 49mm step down ring. How do I go about this?

Hi Joel,
The Raynox dcr 250 comes with an adapter with a spring clip thingy of 52-67mm, if you have that there shouldnt be any problem or am I missing the point as you mention the Ring flash.

Thanks for the reply Graham, the ring flash cant' connect with the spring clip so I think I have to attach the 250 to the lens with the step up/down rings without it, I just can't figure out how to do it :\

OK maybe i`m being a tad dumb as I never used a ring flash, cant the 250 go on after the ring flash?

Don't worry Graham, I'm feeling the same way! Still haven't figured it out. The 250 can't go on after I don't think, it needs to screw without the clip to the lens first but I'm going from a 62mm lens to 49mm but the back of the raynox 250 isnt' 49mm.. it doesnt make any sense to me.

Don't worry Graham, I'm feeling the same way! Still haven't figured it out. The 250 can't go on after I don't think, it needs to screw without the clip to the lens first but I'm going from a 62mm lens to 49mm but the back of the raynox 250 isnt' 49mm.. it doesnt make any sense to me.
Thats cos its 43mm o_O

The back of the 250 is 43mm.

Nevermind I've sorted it now - I was being thick! I had loads of step down rings from 62mm to about 49mm when all I had to do was attach a 52mm ring plate for the ring flash and clip the raynox clip into my lens! Gah I hate it when I overthink things and try to make them more complicated than they are!

IMG_5068 by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Here's the best I got from today - thought I'd upload it as A) I want something to show for the other hundred shots which didn't make it (lol!) Macro is hard! and B) What Spider is this, anyone know? It was absolutely tiny.

Why would you need to use a Raynox with the Sigma? Are you just making life difficult for yourself?
The fact is that when someone likes Macro photography, With just the Sigma you can shoot butterflies/beetles but things much smaller is not possible so the use of a Raynox 250 helps get closer and photograph smaller subjects.
I use tubes and sometimes the Raynox 250, the results are very good..
Hope that explains :)

Joel
The spider shot is good and yes macro is not easy however you do it.
Posting it in the official ID thread or some spider groups on Flickr may get an ID.

Reactions: smr
Back