RC 1 or RC 5 for 400D

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Was looking to get a remote for my 400D.
I can see RC1 and RC5 but I can not seem to see what the difference is.
Any advice on which one would be better.

Many thanks,

Darren.

I have RC1
infrared
works a treat

Just a word of warning, the RC1 only works when you are in front of the lens. You probably already know that but it can get a bit annoying if you are using it for things other than self portrait stylie things IMO.

Just a word of warning, the RC1 only works when you are in front of the lens. You probably already know that but it can get a bit annoying if you are using it for things other than self portrait stylie things IMO.

I believe that the 400D has two IR sensors...one on the front and one on top of the camera. The 350 only had one on the front.

I used mine to avoid camera disturbance when shooting macro.
Shameless plug now.....it's for sale in the Sale section of this forum...only 6 quid.

Bob

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have been thinking about this too. I have a 350D so I guess the RC-1 wouldn't be great? Also do any of the remote triggers have a shutter lock option? Not sure if that's the right term - i want to be able to leave the shutter open on bulb mode to get loooonnnnggg exposures...

I believe that the 400D has two IR sensors...one on the front and one on top of the camera. The 350 only had one on the front.

I used mine to avoid camera disturbance when shooting macro.
Shameless plug now.....it's for sale in the Sale section of this forum...only 6 quid.

Bob

Hmm, I have a 400D and the RC1 only works at the front of the camera. Whereabouts is the sensor at the top of the camera?:shrug:

The manual only shows one sensor and that's under the shutter button.

The manual only shows one sensor and that's under the shutter button.

On the front of the camera? That's the only one I have seen.

I can't actually check myself as the camera and manual are a few hundred miles away at the moment.:(

Yep on the front. Normally your fingers would be covering it up.

400d.jpg

Its directly underneath the shutter button. Not the red eye reduction lamp on the right.

Hi all,

Was looking to get a remote for my 400D.
I can see RC1 and RC5 but I can not seem to see what the difference is.
Any advice on which one would be better.

Many thanks,

Darren.

Or you could always go the wireless route as infrared can be a bit dodgy sometimes. I have one of these and it really is great, half press to focus and push & hold for B setting

Ebay Linky Thingy

Thanks for all the replys.
Looking into a few options now :)

Back