(read) Heads I win, tails the drive is toast

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Been having a try out of my cheapy ebay rail, going for as much magnification as I can muster, 55-250 at 250mm, min focus distance, Raynox DCR250 on one end and Ebay tubes on the other... I might see if adding a 2xTC in there will make any difference at some point ... Lit by window light, lens stopped down to f/20 before removal, needed a torch on the subject to check focus as there was so little light coming through.

IMG_7961.jpg

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

IMG_7963.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.

Looks good.
I'd suggest trying a larger aperture? f/20 is rather small, at this kind of magnification it'll be softening your shots due to diffraction. Perhaps with a focus rail, focus stacking at larger apertures would be more convenient? The viewfinder must be VERY dark at f/20

Thanks Adam... focus stacking is something I've been meaning to try out. Although my first couple of attempts from a while back were rubbish (before I got the rail)... Does the diffraction issues get worse as you increase the magnification/decrease the working difference ?

The viewfinder is a total pain at those sorts of aperture settings, so have to use a torch and set liveview to bulb to get an image to focus on.

Back