Ready for Win 11 or not....?

I'm with you. There are tools like Winaero tweaker that list and disable a number of unwelcome things.

But worst of them all right now is Chrome browser version from Google. It is virtually the equivalent of IE6 back in the day. Running Brave built on the same platform + Privacy badger and getting less than 1% ads of the Chrome... This tells you a lot about getting browser from the major ad provider.
I've not heard about Winaero tweaker before, I'll check it out. thanks for that.
The only time I've touched an MS internet browser for years is with the occasional website that farts with Firefox.
Wow Winareo tweaker is a very nice tool indeed.
Between that and Stardock start10/11 I think my Win 11 experience will be much better (when MS offer me the upgrade).

Last edited:
you can skip the ms account and have an offline account with W10, not sure about W11 yet. its just finishing up installing on spare PC in my test / home office
I've not tried an in place upgrade, but on a fresh install (pre-release version) you could no longer avoid using a MS account if you installed "Home". The old trick of disconnecting the internet caused the install to fail.
If you install the professional version you can skip the MS account and go straight to a local account.

Once you have W11 Home installed, you can create a local account ("control userpasswords2" was the easiest) and delete the Microsoft account.
I guess 99% of people won't, but it is do-able.

I've not tried an in place upgrade, but on a fresh install (pre-release version) you could no longer avoid using a MS account if you installed "Home". The old trick of disconnecting the internet caused the install to fail.
If you install the professional version you can skip the MS account and go straight to a local account.

Once you have W11 Home installed, you can create a local account ("control userpasswords2" was the easiest) and delete the Microsoft account.
I guess 99% of people won't, but it is do-able.

i installed a fresh ISO install of pro offline account no issues

It seems that Intel iCore CPUs from 9th generation will support Win 11 but I'm not sure below that although I know the 5th generation in my desktop won't be supported.
I use Steinberg Cubase on my laptop and I am waiting to see what they say about Win 11 support because there is now way I'll be upgrading if it's not supported.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but it’s 8th Gen and above that’s supported, reasoning is due to Microsoft wanting hardware level protections against vulnerabilities like Spectre and Meltdown. There is a certain 7th gen that’s also compatible, but aside from that you’re in unsupported territory for earlier procesdors

We might not like how they’ve gone about it, but it’s a good thing really

I’ve been running W11 on all my surface devices for quite some time and would hate to go back to 10 now

I got my update notification today, and although tempted to click the download and install button. I think I`ll hold off for a bit, and see if any big bugs arise ;)

I stuck Windows 11 on an unsupported PC, in terms of older processor and no TPM, nearly three weeks ago and it’s been running fine since, receiving updates as they come out.

I’ve no doubt I am missing out on some security features but this isn’t a mission critical PC and I am a curious individual.

Has anyone managed to get this on older Macbook Pros? I've got '14 version and was just planning on loading Win10 on bootcamp but got second thoughts if this would be better or make it more attractive?

Back