Really frustrated (pic added) :)

Name
Louise
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone,

I would love to ask you all a question that im sure is probably very easy but at 1.40 in the morning is not coming easily on the research side.

you know when photographers do a compilation of shots on one board, for example having 1 shot on one side and 3 to on the other but within the same shot board? ( i know your not allowed to post others work but not sure on a websites so dont want to post a link) not sure if that makes sense.

I dont have photoshop or lightroom and trying to do this on Gimp and failing, please can someone tell me if this is even possible so im not banging my head all morning??? :bang: :) thank you in advance

Last edited:
you can post other peoples work so long as its a link and it explains what you are wanting to do.

post a link so we can see what you mean.

do you mean a collage like this...

leftcurl by leftcurl, on Flickr

but you want 3 images down the right side?

you can do that easily in picasa.. which is also free (y)

download picasa free. it will then ask to import all your image files on your pc into 1 database.

after you have done this.. click create > collage

then have a mess about dragging images into the collage as you wish. change borders, layouts etc.. should be pretty straight forward. (y)

can i ask just read a little about picasa being a google based product, is this true and if it is, i read an article a little while ago about googles products giving them access over ever image and rights to alter and distribute as they see fit without compensation to the photographer, does this apply on picasa? sorry if im mixed up with something else?

picasa is a stand alone product on your pc so you don't have to share anything or upload anything to any website. Picasa will have options to upload, print, share, send to friends etc.. which i don't use anyway. i only the program very occasionally for quick edits or as an image viewer on my pc in the office.

So, they won't have any rights over any of your images that you simply use to catalogue on your pc. (y)

Hey just thought I would upload my creation from a recent wedding that i have shot from to show and say thank you for all your help, i love picasa it is my new friend :) thank you very much for all your help :)

image013.jpg

Back