Rear dial on Lumix GX80/85 - Question for users

Edit My Images
No
Trying to get the rear dial, when pressed, to adjust the ISO when in P mode

So I go into the menu and do this:

However when pressing the rear dial its on Exposure compensation

So, what am I doing wrong

Also confused by this, what is F and SS?

Last edited:
F will probably be F stop (aperture) and SS shutter speed. In Nikon speak, they correspond to A and S while Canon refer to them as Av and Tv respectively.

F will probably be F stop (aperture) and SS shutter speed. In Nikon speak, they correspond to A and S while Canon refer to them as Av and Tv respectively.
Ah right like TV and AV in Canon speak, thanks

TV and AV are I think shutter/aperture priority modes, I think, whereas F and SS on this camera relate to the aperture and shutter settings rather than modes.

Can't help you there, I'm afraid. I've just had a play with my Panny (TZ 100) and it's let me set the rear dial to shift (in P mode) and the front one to alter the ISO. Might be worth trying yours that way round to see if it works.

Oh, and F and SS are as I said earlier!

Can't help you there, I'm afraid. I've just had a play with my Panny (TZ 100) and it's let me set the rear dial to shift (in P mode) and the front one to alter the ISO. Might be worth trying yours that way round to see if it works.
Shift?

I would like the back dial to do EV+- and the front to do ISO

In P mode, you can shift away from the camera's suggested settings while keeping the same relationship between aperture and shutter speed so (for example) if the camera decides that f/8 at 1/125th is the best setting, you can adjust it to f/4 @ 1/500th or f/16 @ 1/30th to get the aperture or shutter speed you want/need. P is my usual mode since it allows full control (especially when combined with exposure compensation) while having a fair bit of automation.

I don't get the option to set the rear wheel to control the ISO so I have the front dial (on the TZ 100 that's the ring around the lens) set for ISO and the rear for shift. Works for me!

Thanks

Does you rear dial have a press to it? Ie can rotate the dial plus I can also push it in, like a button

You can change the ISO values from the rear or front dial if that option is selected, but
You have to set one of the other fn buttons to dial operation first
When this is done and its pressed the dials operate however you have set them up

In a way its a bit like a shift key that lets you select an extra set of values
When you press the shutter it reverts back to normal

Last edited:
Thanks

Does you rear dial have a press to it? Ie can rotate the dial plus I can also push it in, like a button

My "rear" dial is actually on the top plate and cannot be pressed to activate a different function. Can be rotated by my right thumb while to the eye.

Back