Recent nights - Orion and Battersea

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of recent night out, constructive C&C welcome.

At xmas I could get out but the skies were cloudy, so a trip to a well known bridge fort he view to Battersea. I went for a simpler image, less light trails. It would have been nice if the rails on the left were in use but the did not seem to be for some reason. I'm not a commuter so others might know why.

battersea by Alan, on Flickr

This week gave us clear skies and no moon but absolutely baltic conditions down on the South Downs!!!! Full thermals, balaclava, ski gloves and a large flask of coffee!!! A lovely view of Orion over the Cuckmere River.

Astro modified Canon 6d mkii, ISO 1600, f4, 30mm, 20 x 60 second exposures tracked using a Star Adventurer. The sky is cropped slightly for blending with the forground.
Foreground ISO 2000, f4, 3 x 60 seconds. I upped the ISO a little to get more detail to play with.

Stacked in Sequator, blended and edited in photoshop.

way to orion by Alan, on Flickr

A couple of recent night out, constructive C&C welcome.

At xmas I could get out but the skies were cloudy, so a trip to a well known bridge fort he view to Battersea. I went for a simpler image, less light trails. It would have been nice if the rails on the left were in use but the did not seem to be for some reason. I'm not a commuter so others might know why.
Nice :cool:

Engineering works on the Southeastern lines out of Victoria over the Christmas period is why (there's a lot of work putting in new signals going on). It didn't affect Southern Railway services though, so those trains carried on running on the tracks to the right.

Last edited:
Back