Recent Shoot

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot this young man earlier in the month. He has aspirations of becoming a firefighter when he graduates high school. He is already on a volunteer fire crew, but hopes to become the real thing after graduation. This was a pretty fun shoot. :) All c&c welcome (and needed lol).

DSC_8646-Edit.jpg

DSC_8687-Edit.jpg

DSC_8693.jpg

DSC_8734.jpg

DSC_8714.jpg

#3 for me. B&W really works well here. And his serious look really helps IMO.

#4 seems a little skew to me.

I am not a fan of vignetting so #1,2 and 5 don't touch a particular chord.

Oh, and by the way, wish the young man there a lot of good luck. :clap: I respect firemen a lot. Loads of work, little visibility.

Cracking set mate! Really like these. I think 4 is the best in terms of story telling. It really shows the boy vs. man scenario and his naivety and slight nervousness show through. Superb shot.

Cracking set mate! Really like these. I think 4 is the best in terms of story telling. It really shows the boy vs. man scenario and his naivety and slight nervousness show through. Superb shot.

:agree:

I also like the added "drama" in the B&W shots.(y)

I think the bent foot is a large part of Garry's comment, and one that I think strengthens my thoughts along the same lines. Great set (y)

I really like the treatment youve given to this set, and wow! what a model!!!

#1 I really, really like this shot, but personally, if I was going to cut into the head, then Id cut the hairline out of the pic, try it ... makes the shot all about his eyes then, imo.

#2 Love the perspective on this one, the size of the truck and the expanse of foreground gives a vulnerability to the subject which I really like.

#3 A nice shot but it doesnt have the wow factor of the others for me.

#4 FABULOUS!!! my favourite, could be straight out of a magazine!
Shame the subject took the edge off with the bent foot, and is it me, or could the image also do with a slight straighten?
That said, this really is a gorgeous shot!

#5 Think Id have preferred to have seen portrait comp here, or at least a little more space infront of the subject.

Smashing set, Id definately get the lad back in front of th camera too! (y)

Shame the subject took the edge off with the bent foot,

That's what I really like about that shot. The bent foot to me connotes nervousness and naivety. The juxtaposition of boy and the manly scenario.

Could do with a straighten though!

#3 for me. B&W really works well here. And his serious look really helps IMO.

#4 seems a little skew to me.

I am not a fan of vignetting so #1,2 and 5 don't touch a particular chord.

Oh, and by the way, wish the young man there a lot of good luck. :clap: I respect firemen a lot. Loads of work, little visibility.

#4 is skewed a bit... I could have sworn I cropped for a straighten. Must have reset the crop in lightroom for some reason. Will have to redo. :) And yes, I'm a vignetting whore. I can't help it. :( Is there treatment? lol

Thanks, Garry. I wish I could take credit for the foot (I didn't even notice it until mentioned. lol). But since it was mentioned, I will take credit for it in the future. mwuuahahahaha.... j/k

:agree:

I also like the added "drama" in the B&W shots.(y)

Thanks much. :)

I like them all as always but if I was going to crit id say the bent foot in 4, although this is probably my fave along with number 3. If his fire fighting careeer fails he can always become a model!

Thanks Luke! He reminds me a bit of Shia LaBeouf... maybe...

I think the bent foot is a large part of Garry's comment, and one that I think strengthens my thoughts along the same lines. Great set (y)

Thanks, V8.

2 and 5 are the best for me, number 4 would be good but as said before the bent foot for me is too distracting.

Really like the processing on these images

Well, see what I was going for in #4 with the bent foot was a juxtaposition of boy vs man and the whole coming of age thing.... Ok, ok... I can't steal it from Garry and V8. :D

Thanks for comments Taz.

You are too honest mate!

Really superb set of shots. Got to agree with Garry that, intentional or not, the foot really aids number 4. The processing is just my cup of tea as well - mind if I ask (roughly) what you did?

You are too honest mate!

Who says I won't take credit on other forums?? Hmmm... .where's the devil smiley when you need it.

Great looking set Ian, I love your processing too. #1, 3 and 4 stand out for me :clap:

Thanks much Donna. :)

Really superb set of shots. Got to agree with Garry that, intentional or not, the foot really aids number 4. The processing is just my cup of tea as well - mind if I ask (roughly) what you did?

No problem, Foggy. I use a certain Lightroom preset (and you're more then welcome to it if you use LR). I apply the preset and then tweak until I like the outcome. That's about it.

No 2 really stands out for me :) Its my fave!
I find it just draws my eye back to it everytime.

Good work on the rest - but thats my fave!!!

Thanks, Dell. That was one of my favorites as well... Along with #5. I think #5 has a real Darth Vadar feel to it almost. lol

a choice between 3 or 4 for me mate....I would have said number 4 if the horizon had been straight

cracking set though (y)

I think that these are all very good - for me though it would have to no.3. The mood, B&W and expression all come together very well.

wow, such a strong set.... really has so much emotion behind it all...he models well! i like them all...they make a nice storybook series.

I actually really love these shots! Very well done to you!!!

Similar to what Gary says, the macho world of the fire service and the young looks of the boy make the images come across well to me.

Back