Recent sideways stuff...

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
All these are taken at Rye House speedway in hertfordshire.

As always - comment welcome!

1854teamridinght5.jpg

1862neathcooperKesslerht6.jpg

1945TaiWheelie.jpg

2544Crashht1a.jpg

2700ht10crashc.jpg

2742Mearht12.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Great set, sharp colourful and caught the action well(y)

#2 for me too, closely followed by the last one, nice series :) Are these from your recent trip to the middle?

What a great set. Like the others have said, the composition of #2 is great, but #4 is my fave - excellent blurred background to isolate the subject(s) and super action - love the elbow !

The second one is absolutely superb... the composition is spot on!! (y)

They are some of, if not, the best shots from you recently Robyn imgo ... (y)

And I too think #2 is absolutely spot on ... :clap: ... a super sharp shot with stunning timing to give a really magic composition ... ;)

broomstick6fr5mt.gif

Very Good set. Did you use a bit of fill flash on the last one? Also on he last one, I'd like to see a bit more movement and blur, like on some of the other. Still far better than I would get.

2 and 4 for me :)

Love to see a bit of motion blur in the wheels..... and don't like the frozen wheel ones with crystal clear spokes (impressive though that is).

Rather good them. 2,4 as lots of others say too.

Gotta be the last one. Just love those 'eyes'.

I love this one too - might do a print of it for the rider actually as it's quite an unusual shot!

#2 for me too, closely followed by the last one, nice series :) Are these from your recent trip to the middle?

Yep - my first two meetings on the centre at Rye House. The first three are from the Premier league (the middle league of the three leagues in the UK) last Saturday, and the final three are from the Conference - lower - league this Saturday.

What a great set. Like the others have said, the composition of #2 is great, but #4 is my fave - excellent blurred background to isolate the subject(s) and super action - love the elbow !

4 got fairly messy just after that shot was taken.....!

Very Good set. Did you use a bit of fill flash on the last one? Also on he last one, I'd like to see a bit more movement and blur, like on some of the other. Still far better than I would get.

Yes - no choice but to use flash unfortunately - I (and just about every other speedway 'tog) much prefer working without it, but because meetings are nearly always during the evening we only get a limited chance to do that. I tend to underflash it a little - by a stop of a bit more if I can get away with it - and then bring up the brightness via levels & curves in processing later.

By the way - in shot 5, there is a third rider in there somewhere. Poor lad ended up with a broken arm for his troubles from what was a nasty crash to see - not though any are pleasant.

The second and the last are my favourite because for both of those I spotted the exact shot I wanted, and got it. Always a nice feeling!

Thanks for all your comments - I'm really enjoying my photography at the moment - partly I think because my confidence is high and that makes a big difference for me. It's nice to hear that my feeling - that I'm doing the best stuff I've done speedway-wise at the moment - is backed up by the comments of some genuinely truthful critics - you guys! (y)

Excellent! The shots in the sunshine are really punchy - nice light and colour. (y)

Nice photos ! Love to have a go myself taking photos from a speedway event.

Paul

#2 & #4 for me Witch.

Its all been said already but the composition of #2 really is something else ... think that deserves to your calling card or somesuch!

Really like #4 too ... leaves you anticipating what happened after the click ;)

I think these are probably the best shots Ive seen of yours. (y)

Its all been said already but the composition of #2 really is something else ... think that deserves to your calling card or somesuch!

I have to get some new moo cards done at some stage with the majority being speedway related as I'm giving so many of them out now! I'll be including that shot for sure I think, so long as I can get it to fit!

Fantastic set of pictures, 'watch out Mike Patrick'. Looks like the sun sets in the same place as it does at Oxford, can cause problems with light and shade going into the first corner, but you seem to have it spot on.(y) I particularly like no. 4 and 6. The two of them getting stuck in and no. 6 having time to look round at such speed. Great capture of the crash. You have to be so quick and you nailed it. (y)(y)

It's a possibility that Oxford will go Premier League next season, so our teams will meet.

:canon:

Cheers for that - although I'm not sure MP has anything to worry about quite yet! The light at Rye House can be wonderful, but in high summer there are always a few heats which are a total nightmare as the shadows come in all the wrong places. Hopefully I should get a chance to do a bit more there next season anyway. :)

Cool photos number 2 is the best for me. How long did they lean like that for you to get the shot JUST right.... Great stuff...

Elvis

Cool photos number 2 is the best for me. How long did they lean like that for you to get the shot JUST right.... Great stuff...

Elvis

Ahh well, they posed for ages - must have been all of, ooh, 0.1 of a second! :LOL:

Back