Recent Skateboarding Photos

Name
Matt Thomas
Edit My Images
No
Here are some of my skateboarding photos from the last couple of days.

2254990781_c4097c67c1.jpg

2247702625_f624e2f654.jpg

2224099756_558c911c1c.jpg

What do you guys think?

Very nice shots and great lighting. Obviously using off camera flash - what are you using as triggers and any chance you could share how you set your lights up?

Very good shots and interesting (for me) as I am getting into using off camera flash more and more.

Wow love them all. Did you use a fish eye?

Lighting Set Up's

1. SB-25 close right 85mm 1/8th. SB-26 middle right 85mm 1/8th. SB-25 far right 85mm 1/8th.

2. SB-25 top of gap 50mm at 1/4th power. SB-25 left 50mm 1/8th power. SB-26 right 85mm 1/4power

3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/cherryrig/2223300709/

Yea for 2 and 3 I used a 10.5mm Nikon fisheye and to trigger the flashes I am using Skyport Radio Triggers. There is a review that I've done of them in the review section. Better than eBay slaves as you know that they will work and cheaper that PW's.

Fantastic shots. I'm envious of your kit. Especially the fish eye. I've just faved a few of your shots on flickr :)

i love no 1, different from the usual skateboarding shots

haha thanks KayJay. Yea the fisheye was such hassle to get one. Had one ordered but then it wasnt in stock in this one place but they didnt say. However when I phoned up they said March till they get it. Good job I had looked else where while I was waiting...........as I would still be waiting!!!

all I can say is F$%^&* great

I really like these good stuff post some more (please) with details of set up - if you can

thanks
I would find it hard to offer any useful advice on these photos other then look after your copyright as these are very saleable (IMHO)

Awesome pics, i'd love to try something like this!! Seen your flickr, some nice stuff on there

Thanks guys :)

Yea from now on I will make sure that I take a picture of the lighting set ups which I use. Just to make it easier for those people out there that are looking for ideas.

And yea I am keeping check on my photos, just to be on the safe side. You know what people are like these days!!!

he's using skyports. He was just saying they are more reliable than ebay slaves but cheaper than pockets.
I personally love number 2, but they are all very good!

Staggeringly good! 1 is mind blowing - like everyone I just love the lighting. The images really capture skateboarders 'in the zone'.

Great job, those are really great :clap: 2 & 3 really have the 'magazine' look to them (y)

Sickphotos,really dynamic
Your kitted out aye! what camera and fishy do you use

Back