Critique Recent trip to Yosemite….

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone
I recently spent just over a week in the USA around Mammoth Mountains and the Yosemite National Park with Tatra Photography. It was a seriously great experience and many of the iconic images were captured.
This one is a little different. Is it any good?View attachment 408
Your opinions will be appreciated.

John

Lucky you, its one place a would love to photograph and your image is great. I really like the framing of the yellow forground!

razzle dazzle..!!
a real wilderness shot and at a great time..
we would like to visit there and the grand canyon and miss out the cities...especially las vegas
what was your itinerary please and tour operator...if you dont mind that is

cheers
geoff

Thank you Kelly. Yosemite is a photographer's dream and you must try to get there if at all possible. Having said that, if you have ties with Tuscany, you are in a good place.
You are my first response on Talk Photography and I appreciate you input.
Cheers
John

"Is the shot any good?" Well there are good and bad points IMHO. The shot is very well composed and using the leaves and branches with the beautiful color to frame the view is very nice. On the negative side, the leaves in the left hand corner do not add to the shot and the branch just to the right of centre is obscuring the beautiful peaks. None the less you have captured a beautiful scene very well John and would like to see more if you have them.(y)

Last edited:
Hi Geoff
Thank you for your response. The trip to the USA was organised by Tatra Photography, I think if you search them on Google you'll get some idea of the diversity of their offerings.
The itinerary included 3 days up in Mammoth Mountain (10,000ft +). We were up early each morning for sunrise, returning to the hotel for breakfast. Then, after a breather, we were back out until after the sun had set. They organise a guide, with local knowledge, and a Pro photographer to help us get the best from each location.
We then travelled by road, with several photo stops, to Yosemite National Park, which had just re-opened after the US Government shutdown (explain that one!!) Same format….early starts and late returns to our accommodation. It was a dream for me……
I think your plan to avoid Las Vegas is a very wise one!!
Regards

John

Hi Steve
Yes, I think I agree with you. I may even have a better one but I wanted to test the water with Talk Photography. Thank you for your comment. That's what it's all about.
I will post others over time.
Regards
John

Lovely.....but just slightly too much 'framing' obscuring the view for me!

Back