Rechargables for Cordless Phone

Name
Errr Pete?
Edit My Images
Yes
There's always chat going on about recommendations for best batteries for this that or the other application. We have a BT Digital Cordless home phone that uses AAA batteries, but, they don't last very long. Say, after a couple of months, they only last about a couple of hours, or so.

But it's not the ideal situation for rechargable batteries, considering the handset is sat on the cradle for 90 odd percent of it's life, maybe I'm not using the most ideal type of battery.

Can anybody suggest the best type for use in this situation.

Thanks in anticipation,

Pete

The batteries are you need are Duracell AAA 1000 mAh Rechargeable Batteries although there are plenty of other makes. The higher the mAH the better. Although leaving the handset off all that time will kill any battery.

Blimey Pete, something has to be wrong surely? Our BT cordless phone system is two years old and still on the original batteries. They last so long off the charger that I've abandoned one of the chargers, simply alternating the two handsets week and week about on one charger. The batteries supplied with kit are Unitech 550mAh AAA's

Thanks for replying Steve. I've been thinking about what you've said. Maybe what I'm doing wrong is dropping the handset back in it's cradle when not in use, hence, my original post, "90% of the time", it might be better for the batteries if I leave it off 'til it needs a recharge. I'll get some new batteries and try that.

Thanks again Steve

Pete

Back