Recomended locations in West Wales

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
I've got a week away in West Wales at the end of the month near Aberaeron (about 15 miles south of Aberystwyth).

The wife has graciously granted me a fair chunk of photo time so does anyone have any recommended locations within say 30ish minutes of this area. Might also head up north a bit further weather and time dependant.

Also if anyone knows some where good to eat that would be great.

Just depends what you're into really.
Seascapes,Llangranog ,south of Aberaeron is good (approx 12mls)
Head north from the beach on the coastal path and you'll come to ynnys lochtyn, but there are numerous places.
Head inland to Teify pools, up in the hills north of Tregaron (I'm heading there tomorrow evening ) to catch the full moon over the waters there, as long as it's clear that is.
As for eats well restaurant, Harbourmaster.
Chippy, got to be the Celtic, both in Aberaeron
Indian, Shapla restaurant in Lampeter(13 miles away) and well worth the trip.

Cap

Llangranog is fabulous. Some great beaches at low tide, rocky coast, , ice creams, cafe's and pubs. Oh and dolphins.

Penderi (accessible from the main road by public footpath) about five miles south of Aberystwyth.

New quay, take a boat trip and hope to see dolphins, They're frequent. Can also be seen from harbour wall!

For birds, Teifi Marshes near cardigan can be excellent.

Waterfall running over the sea cliffs near Tresaith.

Aberaeron itself is nice, a planned Georgian town with harbour and brightly coloured houses. Honey ice-cream. Couple of nice resto's.

Never go anywhere without an OS map!

Unfortunately the 1:50,000 (pink cover) showing Aberaeron only covers a tiny little bit of the coast. To go north and south you'd need 2 more maps.

1:25000 (orange cover) no 198 extends from Aberaeron all the way down to Cardigan. For Aberystwyth you'd need no 213 as well.

Never go anywhere without an OS map!

Unfortunately the 1:50,000 (pink cover) showing Aberaeron only covers a tiny little bit of the coast. To go north and south you'd need 2 more maps.

1:25000 (orange cover) no 198 extends from Aberaeron all the way down to Cardigan. For Aberystwyth you'd need no 213 as well.
Yeah I noticed that, I'd need 3 maps to cover the coast and the inland in a useful manner. I could get a custom one made but then I'd have about 1/4 of the map being sea.

As a scout I always had a love hate relationship with the OS. I loved their usefulness, hated how I was ALWAYS on the edge of one. Even at home I am 2" from the edge of one.

Back