recommend me a flea market/ brica brac in london + photographs/cameras/etc

Edit My Images
No
hi,

anyone recommend a decent flea market/ bric a brac in london with a good selection of film photography items(old photographs, film cameras, etc).

A quick search on Flickr gives these results. Check descriptions and tags for locations. Portobello Market looks worth a trip.

Just a piece of useless advise, it will be very difficult in London to get a bargain, most know what their stock is worth and must, because it is London have huge overheads,so prices are high. The place that you can sometimes succeed is Bermondsey Market, it,s antiques, but sometimes have house clearance items like photo gear.
I would be looking in the surrounding suburbs if I still lived there.

it will be very difficult in London to get a bargain, most know what their stock is worth and must, because it is London have huge overheads,so prices are high. The place that you can sometimes succeed is Bermondsey Market, it,s antiques, but sometimes have house clearance items like photo gear.
I would be looking in the surrounding suburbs if I still lived there.

Indeed....... large boot sales out from the centre in fields, but there are small boot sales in school, halls, etc in the centre and who knows what you could pick up...... but I live O/S London so I'm out of touch.

I was informed a while back of a camera shop somewhere down Brick Lane, though i've yet to find this place, it discourages me greatly when shopping (particularly for vintage) in London, with common street hipster demands for vintage (or as they call it 'Lomo') catalysing price tags to astronomical levels, it's more beneficial to shop outside in suburban areas (as MedwayGreen suggests) particularly if you're looking for a happy medium between price & gear quality.

Don't even bother looking at anywhere that sells cameras anywhere in Central London, unless you are *absolutely* desperate to get your hands on something quickly. Crazy markups (understandable given the 'premium' locations) and just not worth even considering. Nice eye candy for a walk around a market, but that's about it. There's a few at the antiques market at Spitalfields but as I said, really not unless you absolutely must have a camera.

Back