Recommend me a Tripod?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Guys,

I have a Canon 400D and I am looking for a nice sturdy tripod.

Would it be possible for you to post your recommendations, I am looking to spend around £50 if possible? Used tripods would be fine also.

Regards,

Craig.

Not sure if they are in your budget but try a Manfrotto 190

Well have you looked at the velbon luxi F, mine cost £42 and it is great. Very sturdy and very small. Also can hold up to 2.5kg( i think).

have a look at it

hth

Mark

I had one like that to start and they feel so flimsy. The legs are really light ( badly) and the head is plastic.

do you not like the luxi F, its legs are goodquality metal and it feels good ( other people on here use it as well) and alos the head is metal not plastic

oppppppppss one last thing

buy cheap buy twice buy quality buy once.

I am sure someone will say that you can get alot better than the luxi F which you can but for £42 you cannot beat it. as i said i had one like the Cx-440 and i think personlly it feels a bit cheap and at £25 not that cheap, spend the extra £17 and you will not regret it

Actually good point, i got it about 8 months ago and i think they have discontinued it. Can you have a look a the velbon website to see if they have brought out a new modle or have a look on ebay.

sorry about that wild goose chase.

thanks

Mark

Yep I have been on the look out for a Luxi F just yesterday, not many places have it anymore and the ones that do have it for £100.
I ended up getting the Velbon Sherpa Pro CF 545, its light but sturdy being carbon fibre and folds up to a good size so I can take it travelling.

I have a mint condition Manfrotto 190 with carrying case doing nothing if you are interested. Part of the girlfriend's kit that she has not used and we are selling. I also work in Manchester part of the week so could drop it if needed. £60.00 delivered. If anyone outside of Manchester is interested it would be £60.00 & Postage (or collection).

Chris :)

I have a mint condition Manfrotto 190 with carrying case doing nothing if you are interested. Part of the girlfriend's kit that she has not used and we are selling. I also work in Manchester part of the week so could drop it if needed. £60.00 delivered. If anyone outside of Manchester is interested it would be £60.00 & Postage (or collection).

Chris :)

PM sent.

If the OP isn't interested.(Sorry I never thought)

I made the mistake of buying cheap, didnt want to spend over £30 really, little did i know!

Ive gone through a couple of tripods, still havent found "the one" yet but im close, although its nowhere near £50!

:bonk:

Like anything, if you buy quality and look after it, it will last a lifetime (probably!)

Wow over £100 now i only paid £42.

anyway i look at the manfrotto modo range but they only hold upto 1kg which isn't enough really

Ive got the 785b modo as my out and about tripod, although it does state 1kg load limit, mine can (just about) take the D80 / 24-70 2.8 and SB600, works just as well with the 70-300although that is pushing it!

Fair enough i just remember the person in the shop saying it may be pushing it if you put more than 1kg on it and that if you only really want to but once go for something with at least 2kg (i though to myself)

Back