Recommend me your favourite films

Sorry to revive/hijack your thread Ben but this seemed like a better idea than starting my own conversation!

A lot of you guys in here seem to love Portra 400 (myself included) and wondered if anybody had delved into Fuji Pro 400H? and could therefore offer some personal insight into it :) I'm on the cusp of stocking up on some films and my initial thoughts were just stick with Kodak but I've never shot more than 1 roll of Fuji negative (which hasn't been developed yet) so was wondering what people thought of it :) I was after something 400 speed which would push a stop or two if needed (widest aperture is 2.8) which Portra will but variety is the spice of life and all that

Last edited:
I've shot a couple of rolls of it and quite like it and would buy it again, I much prefer it to the Fuji Superia 400.

If I'm ever thinking of trying a new film I do a word-search for it on Flickr and see what the general characteristics look like. Hope that's useful.

Last edited:
I've shot a couple of rolls of it and quite like it and would buy it again, I much prefer it to the Fuji Superia 400.

If I'm ever thinking of trying a new film I do a word-search for it on Flickr and see what the general characteristics look like. Hope that's useful.

Good idea! I’ll do that now.

Funnily enough the 1 roll of Fuji I’ve shot was Superia but looking online it seems to get mixed reviews about pushing it as it’s a “consumer” grade film rather than Pro. Pro400 seems to be available in single rolls so maybe I should pick up 1 roll and see how I like it :)

Sorry to revive/hijack your thread Ben but this seemed like a better idea than starting my own conversation!

A lot of you guys in here seem to love Portra 400 (myself included) and wondered if anybody had delved into Fuji Pro 400H? and could therefore offer some personal insight into it :) I'm on the cusp of stocking up on some films and my initial thoughts were just stick with Kodak but I've never shot more than 1 roll of Fuji negative (which hasn't been developed yet) so was wondering what people thought of it :) I was after something 400 speed which would push a stop or two if needed (widest aperture is 2.8) which Portra will but variety is the spice of life and all that

Well I had forgotten that 400h 120 was very good as I had some in the freezer with expiry date 2007 and used it at meet at the peak a few years back and at least for greenery scenery was excellent and have posted shots here using the ETRS.......but without going through my 120 negs can't remember if I had used it for portraiture and general town shots.

Back