Recommendations Best Tripod with head around £70

Edit My Images
No
I would like it to be black , I mainly want it for a field camera trap , so the ability for going low will be a big advantage , but would like it also to take the weight of a 7D mkll armed with a 1-400 mk ll .

When you say low do you mean with the legs splayed out??

If so, why not a frying pan modified with a bolt through it to fit a tripod head to...... can't get much lower!

Or maybe a Momen mini tripod that can take 80kg and splay it's legs :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughts , Box Brownie . I will need the height option as well , I wont be setting up at ground level all the time . Think splayed legs would be a big advantage . I know £70 is not a huge budget , but I want it to last as well .

Manfrotto or Benro, but they're more than your budget.

What did I read before about tripods........and low budgets...

Sturdy
Lightweight
Cheap

All three cannot be achieved..two of the above, yes but not all three!

Last edited:
try one of these

TP members used to get 10% off not sure if that's still the case.

Thanks , will investigate , at first glance a shorter centre column would been nice .

For the money you wish to spend have a look at K&F Tripods.

How about something a little left field?

A pre owned Benbo. It will take a bit of practice setting up but certainly sturdy and low level shouldn't be an issue. You should be able to get one for a little over your budgt

Thanks , I been looking at the 2nd hand market , I think it`s the way to go , appears you get a lot more for your money . I been watching 055 and the Benbo series , though the Benbo series is a bit of minefield now , so many types at different weights ect .

Back