Recommendations for portable high optical zoom camera

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm looking to get a new portable camera for taking out with me on walkabout. It will be mostly for nature shots and nature macros though want a good allrounder too with good usability.

I've currently got a Ricoh Caplio R6 which i have been pleased with but i think other cameras have surpassed it now and i think i'm due another one. I would get a new ricoh but i've heard good things about lumix and sony and that new ricoh are not as good. I did have some problems with the r6 in high light levels - it could be really fussy and show darken pictures or blurred pictures so want to avoid that. Also the camera must have rechargable battery!

Price range is around £200. I don't really want SLR cos they are a bit clunky and expensive though happy for someone to persuade me otherwise! If anyone has any recommmendations please let me know, thanks!

No idea about high optical zoom compacts but I do have a question about the website linked to in your sig.

At the bottom of each page it says 'If the copyright of any image or wallpaper on this site belongs to you, contact us'

Yet on the T&C page it says 'This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us.'

The above two lines seem to contradict each other :shrug:

I'm curious, do you have permission to use all the pics on the site or do you lift them from the 'net in the hope that someone won't notice?

Back