Recovering files on a compact flash card

Name
stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

It had to happen...after shooting digitally for the last ten years and taking what must be millions of images today I had a compact flash card go faulty before I could get the images onto a hard drive.

Not really sure what happened, it might have been me as I tried something new and that was copying the images and then trying to write them to two hard drives at the same time. I can't believe I experiemnted like that on images not alreay saved. Or maybe I just did not allow the camera to format the card correctly.

The card had copied to a mac but the images were in bits and would not open. A PC just said there were no images on the card.

The images were worth about £300 to me so I was a bit cheesed of ..........

Anyway I decided to look at disk recovery programs and I came across

http://www.cardrescue.com/

I downloaded the evaluation program and set it working on the card.

Card Rescue took about 20 minutes to find about 500 images on the card. It allowed me to see them but not save them until I paid for a key number. I paid the £29 which gives me unlimited and lifetime use and that was it. The images are now safely on the hard drive.

A happy Stew

Sounds good, I'm lucky enough to have RescuePro that came with a Sandisk card but I'm not sure if they still provide it.

Yep rescue pro for me too!

Back