`Red Dawn`

My feeling is that it is just too dull, Mike. Looks like there was good potential.

The ideas right and in particular I like the way the spikes on the antlers run almost parallel with the hill, but there are 2 issues for me.

Firstly, as Doug says above, it's just a little too dull, easy fix if you so wish.

Secondly, the stag doesn't appear sharp, it looks like there is some movement in him which just detracts from the image.

However, it's possible to fix both of those in a minute or 2 in post, and I think the shot would really shine then, as the composition is perfect.

Mike

Only on my iPad but looking at the image on Flickr and zooming in the softness around the stag could be down to how the noise reduction has been applied to the sky but not the stag.

I am not sure there is a point in selective noise reduction if the main feature of the shot is in silhouette - may be worth just sorting the noise across the entire image?

I do like the image and as already said by others above - a few tweaks could help.

Last edited:
Cheers everyone. Have taken your comments on board and will spend a little more time on it next time.

Faced with a shot like that it does no harm to fire off a lot of shots with different exposures then pick what catches your eye when you get home.

Back