Red Deer Stag

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks

This is the first time I have tried to post a photo so hope it works. I love photographing wildlife and took this stag in Glen Cannich, Scotland earlier this year. It did well for me in Countryfile Comp so it is a favourite of mine !!!
showphoto.php

The link didn't work from me. Hope you don't mind but I have copied it from your gallery onto this post. ( I am assuming this is the same picture!)

Great capture and I can see why it did well for you!.

DSC_0081Red_Deer_Shaking_rain-1.jpg

I ain't seeing it.

Now Bob has fixed the link. Wow! A real corker.

WOW, excellent.....(y)

Yep its great. I love the way the head is sharp in focus but the shutter speed is slow enough to allow the fur on the neck to be blurred as he is shaking off the water.

I would be interested if you could post up some of the settings and also how long you stalked this fella for.

Excellent shot and look forward to some more.

Thanks for that folks. With the help of sawman and Janice I think that I have found out to post properly. No stalking necessary was taken from car window. deer up there are quite receptive to people if not too near. Taken with Nikon F4 300 on D200

Thanks for that folks. With the help of sawman and Janice I think that I have found out to post properly. No stalking necessary was taken from car window. deer up there are quite receptive to people if not too near. Taken with Nikon F4 300 on D200

Glen Cannich eh. Know it well & yes plenty of subjects there but it still takes a bit of skill to get that. Very nice (y)
By the way. They have a thing about Squirrels on this forum. In case you might have a few pix!!

Excellent capture!

Nice to see a different shot of a stag,rather than the "caught in the headlights" type of one that we see a lot of! Impressive.

I have seen a few of Kens Squirrel shots in an exhibition. They are just perfect & Roe deer too!!!

WOW! That is superb :clap:

Back