Red in the morning

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Taken this morning from the Clifton Suspension Bridge, looking towards the Cumberland Basin - spot of HDR and some tweaks to emphasize the colour of the sunrise ... looks warm but it was cold!

RJB_5071-1.jpg

It is a nice viewpoint but the post processing is not quite there, for me. Shadow areas are a bit too dark and the banding in the sky is very noticeable which ruins the effect of the dramatic sky.

That's such a wonderful sun rise (y) the colours are immense :clap: (y) especially with the reflection in the Avon, it makes this image really special :clap:

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks Matt.

It is a nice viewpoint but the post processing is not quite there, for me. Shadow areas are a bit too dark and the banding in the sky is very noticeable which ruins the effect of the dramatic sky.

Thanks Scott, yes the banding distracts a little and I'm not sure how to get rid of that ... I'll have another look. The shadow to the bottom left is shadow due to being concealed from the emerging sun.

glad you didnt jump..
great shot and looking so surreal
i am in bristol at christmas..may have to take the walk over there for some exercise...and hopefully a shot like this
cheers
geof

Edited to clean it up the banding a bit

RJB_5071-2.jpg

That's better, I like that (y)
It was a smashing sunrise yesterday, I was out getting some shot's and nearly froze my fingers off in the process :LOL:

I know this is in the creative section and it's HDR and I'm loving the sky btw
.....but I'm not too keen with the blue cast on the buildings and roadway

Back