red kite

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
paid a visit to the red kite feeding station at llanddeusant in the brecon beacons today.not done B.I.F. shots for a long time,so really struggled to get anything decent...here's about the best shot i managed...

redkite4_filtered.jpg

hope you like..

Brilliant shot. I visited a local area on friday known to have kites hoping to get a few shots. Someone must have told them I was coming as not a single bird to be seen.

Cracking shot, I was in Aberdare last Friday and spotted a kite on the return journey through Brecon. Just googled "llanddeusant" and found http://www.redkiteswales.co.uk/index.html. Next month when I'm down in Aberdare I will be visiting the red kite centre armed with camera :))

Went to Buckinghamshire last week, was like a scene from Hitchcock's "Birds" as far as Red Kite's were concerned, my efforts were rubbish compared to this though, cracking shot.
Matt

Went to Buckinghamshire last week, was like a scene from Hitchcock's "Birds" as far as Red Kite's were concerned, my efforts were rubbish compared to this though, cracking shot.
Matt

Cracking shot Mark, nicely exposed keeping detail in the shadows under the wings while making sure the head wasn't over exposed.

Matt

I live in High Wycombe, There must be dozens of Red Kites in my village alone. I can remember one day in Hazlemere putting chicken out and having over 20 circle the house. Far too scary for the kids they went back indoors:LOL:

a cracking picture(y)(y) i can't wait to get back down to south wales again and get some more red kites pics and now i got an a550 it should be a able to get images like this(y)

Lovely capture Mark worthy of a print.

a cracking picture(y)(y) i can't wait to get back down to south wales again and get some more red kites pics and now i got an a550 it should be a able to get images like this(y)

cheers ryland...hopefully catch up this summer if we get a meet sorted...enjoy your new camera (y)

Lovely capture Mark worthy of a print.

thanks rich (y)

I'f that's "not decent" I'd hate to see what is. Great shot IMHO.
Sky is blue (not blown) and all bits of the birdie are exposed and sharp. Top notch

Not too Shabby young man :clap:

I prefer the head position in the second shot.

Not too bad.

Even thinking of getting the bike out :)

Amazing shot! I'd love to get a shot like that!

What equipment did you use?

Brilliant

Back